Thread: Anyone knows how to fix a MisFire problem on a 328i ( help !)

My Cars
    E36 328i

Unhappy Anyone knows how to fix a MisFire problem on a 328i ( help !)

Help Miss Fireing code ? R5 FCX 08 and F1... Ok guys i fault code reads 08 and F1, code chat say its a O8 - MisFire and F1 - in cyelnder 4 . Can anyone hlep me out with this, and is this a home job or Shop ? any idea to fix it ? Could it be the sparkplug ? and do i need to chang them if yes which one should i go with 1996 328i . Or do i have a big hands full to worry about. Thanks ( hlep !)

My Cars
    three twenty slow, a
    Does it missfire all the time? Or just once in a while. If its once in a while its from moisture build up on the coil to spark plug connector piece. If its all the time Id check cyl 4 comp, maybe get a new coil and see what condition the spark plug is in. Also see if there lots of water there. If no other codes came up Im guessing your crank and knock sensors are ok.

-Serge

My Cars
    E36 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by theruss1an1
    Does it missfire all the time? Or just once in a while. If its once in a while its from moisture build up on the coil to spark plug connector piece. If its all the time Id check cyl 4 comp, maybe get a new coil and see what condition the spark plug is in. Also see if there lots of water there. If no other codes came up Im guessing your crank and knock sensors are ok.

-Serge
    Thanks

My Cars
    '09 328i/6MT '96 328is
    I had a #5 misfire a while ago... spark plug replacement did the trick

My Cars
    '97 328i
    In other cars I have owned when I had issues with misfiring it was the wires.

My Cars
    E36 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfeet
    I had a #5 misfire a while ago... spark plug replacement did the trick
    \

my i ask which type of plug (brand) did you go with. I think this may be it, gonna go get it done today. I 'll post and let you knpw how it went. Thanks guys for all the help.

My Cars
    E36 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephro
    In other cars I have owned when I had issues with misfiring it was the wires.
    but how can you really tell that its misfireing ? was just wondering , i dont really feel the lost of power or anything.

My Cars
    '97 328i
    It should store a code if it is or did..
    In my winter car (Subaru) it would make the CEL flash while it was misfiring..
    If you want you can test the continuity of the wires to ensure that they are not worn.

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephro
    If you want you can test the continuity of the wires to ensure that they are not worn.
    Are they completely out when they get worn out or do they just make some resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    10/96 318IS
    I had a misfire onec but I was just after driving in a puddle that was almost over the bumper. Been wet latly (enough to get into air box, one drop of water will trip it)? Or is it an all the time thing.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.

My Cars
    '97 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Daved
    Are they completely out when they get worn out or do they just make some resistance?
    Well since I'm not sure what you should be getting for a reading test them all.. see if they are all about the same. ohms. It's highly unlikely that they all are bad.. If you get pretty constant readings across the board then they should be okay...

So pretty much to answer you question Yes some to full..

My Cars
    400hp 328
    change over to single electrode plugs, problem will be solved, the quad sparks we normally run suck after time, run an extra 10 thou gap on a single electrode style NGK etc..... i had same problem until i did this....
    silver328I, ARP studs, copper gasket,stock injectors!! adabted bbk F-reg current 66psi (rich and intermitten sticking open,over injector tolerance), bbk 255lph adapted inline f-pump,dual 2 1/2" track pipe, 02 simulators, alum.Plasma Direct coils, ngk single electrode plugs at .0045,acshnitvizzle manifold (m50 grenaded @t-body mate),fan delete, ASC delete ,CDV delete,UCC underdrive crank pulley, removed A/C components, weight reduced, 3.38LSD , 75c degree stat,18x8.5 ADR M-Sports,m3 mouldings, euro tails, clear sides/corners,cusom coilovers, broken subframe, "Lejune aluminum/alloy cam chain, 97'm3 cams", 8mm overbored throtle body, t-body coolant bypass, alum f-wheel, m5 clutch goodbye,reverted obd2 management, nitrous express no more!!! used vortec s-trim,2.50" pulley, 17psi @ 6900rpm, 94' sc t-bird intercooler (small but resiliant) self engineered 3" t6 mandrel bent intake routing, estimated 430hp octane/air density permiting, under $1400 completed!!