Thread: Is This Possible

My Cars
    m coupe, m3, merc e55, nissan sylvia

Is This Possible

I need to know if it is at all possible to top mount a T4 sized turbo in an Mcoupe 2001 with a S50B32 motor. I'd like to mount it on the exhaust side of the car.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    If the car is RHD, you'll have problems with the steering box. The only top-mount turbo I know of on a setup like this (S50B32 RHD) is Kenny's, which seems to be incredibly fast but he hasn't been able to make a clean pass down the strip yet. IIRC his manifold is routed under the engine and the turbo sits on the intake side of the motor.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post
    If the car is RHD, you'll have problems with the steering box. The only top-mount turbo I know of on a setup like this (S50B32 RHD) is Kenny's, which seems to be incredibly fast but he hasn't been able to make a clean pass down the strip yet. IIRC his manifold is routed under the engine and the turbo sits on the intake side of the motor.
    I've made 53 passes in previous trim but the new phase of development has been headache city.

In regards to a T4 turbo top mounted hot side on a RHD M Coupe I'd say it's not possible without extensive modifications to the car. In fact even with butchering the strut tower a la the ICS yellow car, you still won't fit the turbo, exhaust manifold, dump pipe, etc.

Nothing is impossible but some things aren't worth the effort.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    m coupe, m3, merc e55, nissan sylvia
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    I've made 53 passes in previous trim but the new phase of development has been headache city.

In regards to a T4 turbo top mounted hot side on a RHD M Coupe I'd say it's not possible without extensive modifications to the car. In fact even with butchering the strut tower a la the ICS yellow car, you still won't fit the turbo, exhaust manifold, dump pipe, etc.

Nothing is impossible but some things aren't worth the effort.

Thanks for the help K