Thread: E30 model year changes info?

My Cars
    sig

E30 model year changes info?

Does anyone have a link to a good reference source for info on specifications of model year changes for the different years of E30s? (i.e. in 1989 "x" became standard while "y" was made an option vs 1988, or engine "x" was introduced in model year 1987, etc.)

I am thinking about possibly picking up an E30 daily driver, maybe even a 325ix, and am looking to gather as much info as possible on the differences between the different years of E30s.

Does the 3 Series Enthusiast Companion book cover all this info?

thanks,
    ben

1995 BMW M3/2: arktissilber with silly stickers // a big boy's track toy, #228 IP-lite/GTS2.
    1998 BMW M3/4: arktissilber with sillier pink motorsport flags // sadly missed ex-daily driver, current track toy for the wife
    2014 Tesla Model S P85D // refreshingly mod-proof
    2014 BMW X1 // 4 banger MSport with a kiss of Dinan
    and the obnoxious towing setup to accommodate two little crazy kiddios and all their stuff that comes along with the family circus on track weekends.

My Cars
    1997 Topless 328i

My Cars
    '91 318is; '84 Alfa Romeo Spider; '94 Jeep GC

My Cars
    sig
    --Snarcher!
    Good thought, though on further investigation Edmonds' car reviews info is a bit incomplete and doesn't go back farther than 1990. Overall they appear more interested in selling you car insurance than giving you helpful info about older cars . . . .

--AlfaEric
    That's getting closer, but I was looking for a detailed breakdown as to specifically what changed from year to year between the models.

Thanks guys, keep it up.

1995 BMW M3/2: arktissilber with silly stickers // a big boy's track toy, #228 IP-lite/GTS2.
    1998 BMW M3/4: arktissilber with sillier pink motorsport flags // sadly missed ex-daily driver, current track toy for the wife
    and the obnoxious towing setup to accommodate two little crazy kiddios and all their stuff that comes along with the family circus on track weekends.

My Cars
    '91 318is; '84 Alfa Romeo Spider; '94 Jeep GC
    Quote Originally Posted by benaj
    --Snarcher!
    Good thought, though on further investigation Edmonds' car reviews info is a bit incomplete and doesn't go back farther than 1990. Overall they appear more interested in selling you car insurance than giving you helpful info about older cars . . . .

--AlfaEric
    That's getting closer, but I was looking for a detailed breakdown as to specifically what changed from year to year between the models.

Thanks guys, keep it up.
    I don't know if there is anything out there for what you want. You can probably find plenty of sites listing engine modifications over time and even major aesthetic changes (plastic bumpers / wheel changes) but I can't think of any site that tracks things to the detail you are looking for.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/Tech/specifications.htm

---Eric

My Cars
    1997 Topless 328i
    there was a magazine called "sports car" magazine and you can order issures as far back as the 70s, it lists in the back of the magazine what cars were featured, many of them had e30s!

My Cars
    sig
    That r3vlimited spec page is kinda cool. Hadn't seen that one before.

Thanks once again guys.