Thread: angel eyes/daytime running lights

My Cars
    '00 540i6, '88 M5

angel eyes/daytime running lights

I have daytime running lights on my 540 and planning to buy angel eyes for it. when i install the angel eyes will the daytime's still work. if it does it will kind of take away from them. I also am looking on ebay with what they got and many are priced in the $600-$900 range. how do you know the cheap quality ones over the good? I already have xenon lights my car, is there a special type i need to get? thanks for the help

My Cars
    650i GC,15 Audi A3,540iT
    If you have xenons, you don't need the whole set. Just buy the chromium angel eyes (look the best IMO) from Umnitza for around $180 and you're set.

My Cars
    '00 540i6, '88 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by AmooManiaK
    If you have xenons, you don't need the whole set. Just buy the chromium angel eyes (look the best IMO) from Umnitza for around $180 and you're set.
    with that its just the rings, not the whole light assembly right? I think i want the whole light assembly because i like how the turn signal looks.

how easy is it to install the rings, what is everyone's experiences?

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by plowskxc
    with that its just the rings, not the whole light assembly right? I think i want the whole light assembly because i like how the turn signal looks.

how easy is it to install the rings, what is everyone's experiences?
    we have those as well

Dan is offline My real name is Charles
    My Cars
    E39 540i/6, Galant VR4
    dude, you got it made. get the rings from Umnitza and tap them into your DDR lights. one thing though, the rings Umnitza sells are SUPER BRIGHT AND WHITE so your DDR lights *might* clash a little. i love how the rings are so bright that even during the day people notices them.

My Cars
    650i GC,15 Audi A3,540iT
    In that case, buy the rings at umnitza and buy the housings on ebay. The housings on ebay cost about $100 (I just installed the umnitza angel eyes with the ebay housings on my friends car) I'm talking about the smoked turning signal housings.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 750i M-Sport
    I personally don't like the really bright rings because every time I see them I automatically assume it's a 3 series because they all have those really bright rings. I think it looks really "ricey" because all the japanese cars riding around with angel eyes have the really bright angel eyes too.

I like the look of the OEM Hella assemblies. You can either get the US ones with the amber color or the euro ones with the clear corners. You will have to buy the xenon assemblies, they don't come with bulbs and you don't need them but the reason they differentiate between halogen and xenon assemblies is because the socket is a different size. The halogen assemblies are cheaper of course but then you will have to modify it to get the xenons to fit. You are probably gonna pay about $600-$800 for the Hella xenon assemblies which is more than the Uminitza assemblies but I think it's worth it for the refined classic look.

Uminitza does sell Hella assemblies but I think they are the Halogen assemblies because they don't differentiate and I would imagine that if it were the more expensive assemblies they would make it a point to tell you.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    We have a few Euro halogen assemblies left. Just 3 sets in total.
    They are non-HID, but HID can be fit into them with minimal effort.

Additionally, they have auto-leveling, clear sides, and clear reflectors.

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by dagoo98
    I personally don't like the really bright rings because every time I see them I automatically assume it's a 3 series because they all have those really bright rings. I think it looks really "ricey" because all the japanese cars riding around with angel eyes have the really bright angel eyes too.

I like the look of the OEM Hella assemblies. You can either get the US ones with the amber color or the euro ones with the clear corners. You will have to buy the xenon assemblies, they don't come with bulbs and you don't need them but the reason they differentiate between halogen and xenon assemblies is because the socket is a different size. The halogen assemblies are cheaper of course but then you will have to modify it to get the xenons to fit. You are probably gonna pay about $600-$800 for the Hella xenon assemblies which is more than the Uminitza assemblies but I think it's worth it for the refined classic look.

Uminitza does sell Hella assemblies but I think they are the Halogen assemblies because they don't differentiate and I would imagine that if it were the more expensive assemblies they would make it a point to tell you.
    I bought my OEM angel eyes one at a time off of ebay. I paid under $300 shipped for the two buying them that way.
    FWIW.
    Jeff
    coming soon, S54's for everything....

Dan is offline My real name is Charles
    My Cars
    E39 540i/6, Galant VR4
    Quote Originally Posted by spankypokie
    I bought my OEM angel eyes one at a time off of ebay. I paid under $300 shipped for the two buying them that way.
    FWIW.
    Jeff
    that's what i'm doing on something else...

BTW: Umntiza's rings are bright to the point where it's not ricey. everyone knows BMW has rings and anything else are just posers. the Um-rings stand out from the rest but then again, each to their own. some do not even like rings. but i'm asian so a little rice looking is ok.

My Cars
    potato
    Quote Originally Posted by umnitza

Can you email me a price for one of the Euro halogen assemblies? Do they come with AEs?

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by supark
    Can you email me a price for one of the Euro halogen assemblies? Do they come with AEs?
    they have built in OE angel eyes.
    They look like these:

My Cars
    '00 540i6, '88 M5
    i think that im just gonna buy the rings, however i still dont know about the daytime running lights, i dont want them to be on when the rings are on. how do i get them to turn off?

My Cars
    M5, E61

My Cars
    '00 540i6, '88 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by AmooManiaK
    In that case, buy the rings at umnitza and buy the housings on ebay. The housings on ebay cost about $100 (I just installed the umnitza angel eyes with the ebay housings on my friends car) I'm talking about the smoked turning signal housings.
    im gonna go that route, however i want the clear signal housing, but the only one i can find with the clears has a chrome housing. anybody know where i can find clears with the black housing? or does anyone have the chrome housing with pics?

My Cars
    '00 540i6, '88 M5
    we have those as well
    when are you getting more DDE lightning titanium in? it says they are backordered

My Cars
    M5, E61
    when are you getting more DDE lightning titanium in? it says they are backordered
    this will help you:
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...light=chromium

My Cars
    '00 540i6, '88 M5
    umnitza- i just bought the predator angel eyes, and i cant find the install resource for the e39, all that is there is for the e36, e38, e46 and e53. thanks.

by the way, thanks for shipping so fast!

My Cars
    M5, E61
    umnitza- i just bought the predator angel eyes, and i cant find the install resource for the e39, all that is there is for the e36, e38, e46 and e53. thanks.

by the way, thanks for shipping so fast!
    No problem Emailed back to you.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe

What exactly does "minimal effort" mean? Any cutting involved, or just retrofitting the bulbs?
    Current:
    97 328i alpine/magma (from Philadelphia, PA)
    99 M3 alpine/magma (from Wash DC)
    99 328is fern/sand (from Philadelphia, PA)
    06 Lexus RX400h silver/grey (from Houston, TX)

97 F650GS

Sold:
    97 328is avus/blk (from Tempe, AZ)
    99 M3 titanium/dove (from Myrtle Beach, SC)
    98 528i black/tan (from Dallas, TX)
    00 540i/6 anthracite/blk (from Chicago, IL)
    04 330i ZHP titanium/grey (from Pompano Beach, FL)
    06 330i graphite metallic/blk (from Philadelphia, PA)
    03 325xit oxford/tan (from Philadelphia, PA)

My Cars
    M5, E61