Thread: Help!!!! Interested in new 6 series yet concerns???

My Cars
    bmw5series

Question Help!!!! Interested in new 6 series yet concerns???

Hello Board....recently totalled car in an accident BMW 03 5series....and now wish to get a new car....any problems with the new 6 series car 05 and when does the 06 come out??? Consumer repots said it has reliabilty issues....Why is it 10K more than the 545 05 series??? Thanks for your comments..

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5 WEE09113
    Hey Rob-

There are a couple of threads on this board regarding reliability issues with the new 6ers, most notably the SMG thread below. Combined with what I've heard from a CCA friend who's a BMW dealer tech, I'd avoid them like the plague. It's really a shame, but then again, if you're planning on dropping 80-odd large on a new car, you shouldn't have *any* questions about reliability or build quality. Period.

Of course, the unfortunate reality is that pretty much *every* luxury-class German car on the market these days is so over-saturated with mechanical gee-gaws that you're pretty much guaranteed a reliability nightmare at some point. And to think, my '87 doesn't even have cupholders! Good luck-
    JJ
    -----------------------------
    Current:
    '98 M3/4/5

Past:
    '05 325i Sport
    '97 328i Sport
    '87 635 CSi
    '76 2002
    '72 2002