Must be BMW CCA Member...you can join at the meet...$40 annual fee

2 upcoming club runs Aug 27th and Oct 8/9

August 27th 3 Passes Loop Run
Saturday August 27th we will return to the 3 Passes Loop Run...also known as the "I can't believe I drove over 3 Mountain Passes just for some Mexican Food Run".

We will begin at Starbucks Issaquah in the Home Depot/Krispy Kreme Donut Center just north of Interstate 90 off the Front Street Exit (exit 17) ...meet at 8am... First car out at 8:30am. Back Roads to Enumclaw then Hwy 410 to the Chinook Pass Hwy to Yakima...we stop at the El Porton Mexican Restaurant for our namesake lunch.

After our Mexican Food Lunch the run's highlight is the drive up the 37 miles of Yakima River Canyon...a basaltic masterpiece of sweeping curves following the Yakima River which travels its full 37 miles with no side roads and few driveways. At the canyon's end in Ellensburg we break into smaller groups for the ride home on Interstate 90. Returning to Seattle area at 6pm ish.

email me and tell me how many will be coming along so that I can warn the restaurant.

One needs to either be a BMW CCA club member to run or if you're a newbie you are allowed one run with the club prior to joining. We drive safe but we focus on having fun...any dangerous drivers or scofflaws will be asked to leave the drive.
mhoven@comcast.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cascade Circle Tour October 8th and 9th

BMW CCA Puget Sound Region will have our first overnight drive on October 8th and 9th. We will meet Saturday morning at 8am at the Issaquah Starbucks /Krispy Kreme on East Lake Sammamish Parkway in Issaquah. ( Take exit 17 from Interstate 90 and turn north 2 blocks to the Home Depot Center )…we’ll be parked next to the Starbucks and after a quick driver’s meeting we will head out promptly at 8:30am…Saturday will be a driver’s day as we travel the most scenic back roads in the state around Mt Rainier and then the twisty roads east of Mt St Helens…We’ll stop for a picnic lunch (weather permitting) near the volcano but continue south to the Columbia Gorge at Carson. We’ll travel east to our overnight at Hood River…We have rooms reserved at one of Hood Rivers newest hotels, the Hood River Comfort Suites. Small groups will find dinner in Hood River to end their day.

We leave the hotel at 8am Sunday morning for Maryhill Museum, the SOVREN historic racecar Hillclimbs up the famous Maryhill Loops Road and the Stonehenge replica built by Sam Hill. At noon we will leave Maryhill for the return home via Hwy 97 with a photo opportunity stop at the Toppenish Murals and a lunch at a winery in the Yakima Valley with the weather deciding whether we return via Chinook Pass or via that great Basaltic Canyon of the Yakima River.

You should plan on long stretches of twisties on day one and wide sweeping curves through hills and farm country on day two. You may plan on returning to Seattle area by 6:30pm Sunday night .

One needs to either be a BMW CCA club member to run or if you're a newbie you are allowed one run with the club prior to joining. We drive safe but we focus on having fun...any dangerous drivers or scofflaws will be asked to leave the drive.

A reserved room for the night at the Hood River Comfort Inn Suites (541) 386 1127 will be held for all attendees until Sept 15th but you must reserve the room with your personal credit card by Sept 15th and also email mhoven@comcast.net to attend the run. Rooms are $107 for singles and $116 for double occupancy at our club rate.