Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The (shameless) '95 LTW-Replica thread

My Cars
    Smurf Mobiles
    Quote Originally Posted by Effervescent
    World,

LTW door sills have just been ordered for my LTW-R .

Thank you,

-Eff
    If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for them? You can PM me if you don't want everyone to know. Thanks!

My Cars
    1976 Toyota Landcruiser
    World,

Thank you,

-Eff
    what do those look like?

My Cars
    B7 Audi & Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M3Matt
    If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for them? You can PM me if you don't want everyone to know. Thanks!
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...5&goto=newpost

My Cars
    Smurf Mobiles
    Thanks clumpy.....we have an extra set chillin on the racecar and was wondering how much they are going for these days. They are too sweet to sell though

My Cars
    German Super Saloon
    Racecars dont need moldings... To bad they wouldn't work on my car.
    Photobucket sucks!

Long live the E34!

My Cars
    '03 M3 SMG, '96 M3
    World,

Thank you,

-Eff

You're welcome! shipping out those badboys tomorrow! can't wait to see the turnout of your ltw-replica!
    '03 E46 M3 SMG Silver Gray
    ///Performance: AFE stage II intake, Magnaflow cat-back ///Interior: Silver CF Royal style paddles ///Suspension: Eibach pro-kit

My Cars
    Jetta
    What about removing the padding under the carpet, the sound deadening on the inside sheet metal, the padding under the hood, welding off the sunroof, cf interior pieces, the front GT spoiler, rear GT spoiler, splitters, underpanel, seats, door panels?
    There are so many pieces required to really get even half way to calling it a replica LTW. LTW styling would probably be the more correct wording.
    There was a guy locally that had everything done but the sunroof and the seats..but get this: he bought soft replica wheels. Those things were all bent.
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. — Anne Lamott
    Custom watch straps for sale

FOR SALE: watch straps!!

E36 DIY: My articles are now located in the E36 DIY page

My Cars
    German Super Saloon
    If I were to do this, I would look for an m3 with no sunroof as my starting point. I believe they were made, just not very common.
    Photobucket sucks!

Long live the E34!

Paradise Hotel located on Temptation Island
    My Cars
    '
    When you say the motors for the LTW were hand-picked, do you mean that they picked the strongest motors to be in the LTWs?

BMW Cigar And Gun Club Member #7

My Cars
    M3's , 330CI
    Quote Originally Posted by dave is cool
    When you say the motors for the LTW were hand-picked, do you mean that they picked the strongest motors to be in the LTWs?
    Yes at least that is what BMW advertised. ( they dyno every motor before it is installed) So the strogest got put into LTW's

D R I V E A D D I C T • Eurosport TS E36 M3 • E36 M3/4 • 330CI ZHP •

My Cars
    95 M3 LTW-R, et al
    What he said.

-Eff

"This is the best thread ever!! This was my first time looking at it and it was like watching a movie. Eff, your car is an absolute masterpiece!" -E36Cruisin, on the shameless LTW thread

My Cars
    Hamann Widebody 330ci
    Never understood why DOT did not approve the wing with the risers installed ?

CLICK SIG TO SEE MY CARS (past and present)

DINAN 19" WHEEELS / PS2s l DINAN STRUT BRACE l BREMBO 380 BBK l H&R COILOVERS l H&R 10MM SPACERS REAR l HAMANN KIDNEYS l BLACKED OUT SIDE GRILLS l PAINTED BUMPER REFLECTORS

FB: JONNY SORGIO (Raleigh NC).

My Cars
    95 M3 LTW-R, et al
    Your attention please!

A "real deal" 95 LTW's CF glove box trim has just been procured by one Effervescent.

-Eff

"This is the best thread ever!! This was my first time looking at it and it was like watching a movie. Eff, your car is an absolute masterpiece!" -E36Cruisin, on the shameless LTW thread

My Cars
    2007 Honda Element EX
    About to purchase my LTW rims.

My Cars
    '95 M3, '94 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by clumpymold
    I believe every spoiler that was installed from the factory had the third brakelight omitted (not sure if it was removed, just never installed).

That's how you can tell if you have a spoiler from the factory, I guess.
    true
    if it had a factory spoiler, it came with a different back glass and no 3rd brake light on the reear shelf. real ltw's came with the small wing, the big 4 piece wing was in the "trunk kit" with the oil pan. real ltw wings were modified by PTG to install the led strip in the lower wing section. it looks modified if you ever see one in person. seatbelts were the same as regulal m's.
    i have a lookalike and i have a racing dynamics classII wing. the best looking replica i have seen is from MA shaw. it wasn't out when i got my wing. an m3gt owner told me the real wings are really heavy. gt's had the same front/rear wings and the carbon pieces for the interior/door sills.
    i got my door sills from beckers and they are not carbon look but still say motorsport international.
    peep my site.
    David Ortiz

My Cars
    Hamann Widebody 330ci
    I was lucky enough to find a real one with the Hella made-PTG 3rd brake light installed.(we actually did some body work to make the cut out cleaner.) I actaully hooked up the wing's brake light and switched my rear glass and deck lid for the non brake light style.(Euro) This trunk and wing came off Rolando Saldana's race car. My Interior came out of Larry Wright's club racer. Yes I had it painted to match.

* my first digital camera , 3dpi !

DINAN 19" WHEEELS / PS2s l DINAN STRUT BRACE l BREMBO 380 BBK l H&R COILOVERS l H&R 10MM SPACERS REAR l HAMANN KIDNEYS l BLACKED OUT SIDE GRILLS l PAINTED BUMPER REFLECTORS

My Cars
    Hamann Widebody 330ci
    I was lucky enough to find a real one with the Hella made-PTG 3rd brake light installed.(we actually did some body work to make the cut out cleaner.) I actaully hooked up the wing's brake light and switched my rear glass and deck lid for the non brake light style.(Euro) This trunk and wing came off Rolando Saldana's race car. My Interior came out of Larry Wright's club racer. Yes I had it painted to match.

* my first digital camera , 3dpi !

My Cars
    95 M3 LTW-R, et al
    Quote Originally Posted by odortiz
    peep my site.
    http://www.geocities.com/odortiz/M3.html

-Eff

My Cars
    s52 E30
    hehe...i was probably silly for thinking i was the only one doing this i have the wheels, the moldings, door sills, and a cloth vader interior, but i'm looking for the wing, strut bar, and all the interior pieces. i'll be posting pics asap! eff, can't wait to see how your project turns out!

My Cars
    95 M3 LTW-R, et al
    When you say all the interior pieces, what is there besides the glove box trim?

-Eff

My Cars
    No car at the moment
    glovebox trim with motorsport emblem
    center console
    center ashtray

My Cars
    95 M3 LTW-R, et al
    So they all came with the ashtray and console? The photoshoot in my July 95 Roundel featuring the LTW shows only the glove box trim.

-Eff
    Last edited by Effervescent; 08-27-2005 at 05:13 PM.

My Cars
    95 M3 LTW-R, et al
    For anyone looking for just the glove box decal on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M...QQcmdZViewItem

-Eff

My Cars
    88 944 turbo, 03 Chevy 2500HD Diesel
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/100_5199.jpg

According to this pic, the spoiler has a brakelight and there is none in the rear window. Is that accurate? Or was the third brakelight removed.

-Eff
    i believe the LTW's didnt have a third brakelight, i have the decklid interior cover out of one in my room and it doesnt have a place for a 3rd brakelight

94 325is- telephone pole
    98 3238is- sold
    now- 88 944 turbo, in endless state of disrepair

My Cars
    Chevrolet Silverado 2500
    All LTWs had the 3rd brake light in the rear spoiler. The rear glass and rear shelf did not have the outline/cutout for the 3rd brake light.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast