Thread: E34 for a Daily Driver?

uberpanzer is offline 4 banger's RULE!!! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3cars-36v. Math FTW!
    Hey all...I have been thinking about getting a different daily driver and have managed to find a '91 M5. Is this a viable daily driver? I have a '90 M3 I'm keeping the miles off of, and am curious as to whether or not an M5 is as high strung as my little four banger is. I know that the M5 of that era had a six cylinder version of my four (actually the other way around if you want to be technical) and would just like to know what I'm looking at IF I happen to get that car. It has 95K on the clock, but seems to be in excellent condition, and still rolling on the old school stock rims (I'm guessing for the brake cooling effects).
    Any help, advice, common problems would be GREATLY appreciated. THANKS!!!!
    Last edited by uberpanzer; 05-11-2001 at 07:49 PM.
    Metal Bumpers Are For BEEETCHES!!!!! "King of Lean" - Retired

"If that bikini isn't made of Micro-Fiber and has Quick Detailer on it then GTFO!" -BabyM

bluem5 Guest
    Hi,

Most folks buy something else as a daily driver and keep the M5
    for weekends.
    Repairs (UK anyway) are lots more than M3 costs and my 5
    is 100k 93 car.
    Depends how you drive it and the mileage you do, could be
    V expensive as an everyday car. I use a 740 everyday and apart from the petrol it's a lot cheaper to keep on the road.

best of luck....

uberpanzer is offline 4 banger's RULE!!! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3cars-36v. Math FTW!
    Thanks...I've pretty much now come to the conclusion too that it won't work for ME as a daily car. I'll beat it without even trying! So it looks like I'll be trying to get a 535i...don't need the extra room of the 7 Series, but like the smaller engines they got!