Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445
Results 1,101 to 1,107 of 1107

Thread: The definitive subframe strategy thread

My Cars
    1998 Z3 M Roadster
    Not doubting the RF kits or other out of pocket reinforcement methods, but has anyone had luck with BMW taking care of your subframe/trunk? It's a long shot but I'm contacting them before I do any out of pocket repairs.

BMW Correspondence [1-14298260960]
    VIN: WBSCK9339WLC85320

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman065 View Post
    Not doubting the RF kits or other out of pocket reinforcement methods, but has anyone had luck with BMW taking care of your subframe/trunk? It's a long shot but I'm contacting them before I do any out of pocket repairs.

I think the Forbes reinforcement is essentially the BMW approved repair. However, I doubt BMW is going to cover anything on a 20 year old car.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Coupe
    When I dropped my Coupe off last year at west german BMW with my diff hanging down onto the exhaust from my trunk floor ripping they basically had their body shop come look at it and then sent me an estimate saying they wanted 7k minimum to replace the trunk floor with a new bmw part number trunk floor and no reinforcement. This was after I had purchased the car from them less than 12 months prior for $8000 lol. I was hoping they might at least work with me on fixing it because of that, but nah they told me to pound sand. I would suggest just going elsewhere from the get go, because even before I got to that estimate everyone I talked to in service even the guys that had been there 30years claimed to have never heard of the issue on a Z3 and that they didn't believe it would happen and that it was only an issue on E46s and blah blah

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster

You can read this entire thread for a detailed history of the community's attempts at getting BMW to deal with this issue--it's the main topic of the thread as a matter of fact. Short answer: BMW refused to accept official responsibility during the warranty period, but did replace some trunk floors on the QT; these replaced trunk floors also failed. If you can get them to fix yours with the RF kit let us know (or at least let him know).

My Cars
    1998 Z3 M Roadster
    Of course no luck. Dealer acknowledge it's a common issue but their corporate support will not authorize the repair.

How much value will the RF kit add if I decide to sell my Z3 M Roadster in a few years? It's no garage queen by any means, it has 141k miles.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    How much value will the RF kit add if I decide to sell my Z3 M Roadster in a few years? It's no garage queen by any means, it has 141k miles.
    That depends, if there is damage showing now, in a few years the car will be worth very little if the problem is not addressed, so the RF kit would add value equal to greater than its cost. If there is no damage now, and the would be no damage when you go to sell, it would likely not add even its cost to the value. At 141K, you should look at it as a repair that will cause the car to hold its value, not increase its value.

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster
    Of course no luck. Dealer acknowledge it's a common issue but their corporate support will not authorize the repair.

Compared to selling the car with obvious diff mount/subframe problems, I would think the repair would pay for itself and make the car much more sellable.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445