Thread: Good Products + Piss Poor Service = ???

My Cars
    1994 Nissan 300zx R.I.P 1995 BMW M3

Good Products + Piss Poor Service = ???

UMNITZA!!!

Alright about 3 weeks ago I ordered a velocity splitter and some depo headlights with blue AE and 8000K HIDS. Well after I got the stuff in, a friend and I tried hooking them up to make sure they would work and what not, after messing with them from about and hour we noticed that Umnitza forgot to even put in the fucking bulbs!!!

So next thing that morning I call Matt, and tell him whats going on(not bashing matt hes a good guy, but damn do something about the service) He then told me they were out of 8000K hid bulbs so I would have to settle with 6000K after agreeing I was told they would be next dayed. Guess again...a 4 days later nothing. So I called him up again this monday or tuesday and told him I have nothing still after doing some searching and coming up with nothing he told me that he would send another pair out.

So I recalled Yesterday and was told they should be there that day or today. I came home today and JACK SHIT was there

So now Im really pissed I mean shit Matts a good guys and sounds like hes only trying to get shit done and I understand that, but my friend even had to wait over a month just to get his PNP connectors because they didnt send him any. So now this leaves me a little worried weather I want to do business with them again....

Any thoughts?
    Kyle

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    damn that's unfortunate...thus far, my experience has been wonderful dealing with habbie from Umnitza. They sent out when i was told they would be, but now they're just f@cking stuck at customs
    I hope there are no problems when I get mine
    I hope your situation gets resolved. They're good guys, but I gues shit happens

My Cars
    M5, E61
    we apologize, your order was reshipped, but if you don't get it on Monday, I'll personally make sure it happens for you the following day with an overnight.

My Cars
    1995 M3, 2001 Pathfinder
    My buddy and I had similar experiences. In the end, everything was sorted out, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth. Must have something against the great state of Missouri.
    -Tim 1995 M3 Avus/black
    Conforti Euro Intake w/ TMS chip, Motorsport Brace, X Brace, Black UUC TME, V2 Splitters, DEPO's w/ DDE Plus & 6000K HIDs, Hardwired V1, UUC Twin Silencer exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit w/ Bilsteins, Speed Star SP1's in 18" by 8.5"
    WTB - 318 sedan
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...4#post16285694

My Cars
    Bimmer
    i ordered my zkw's through a special they were having on m3forum, i called them up (i believe i talked to matt) and he answered all my questions and i got my package earlier then i expected

i'm sorry to hear about that but i've had wonderful experiences with umnitza (however it only being 1)

but now UUC on the other hand hasnt been too good...

My Cars
    ///Sedan Powered.
    umnitza doesn't even have time to wipe their own arse. The volume of shipment is crazy. This doesn't excuse communication or order problems from not having people on staff, but it makes it a bit better than "They just sit on their hands" which they do not do.

Our Lexus guy's on Cl visit him frequently and are amazed at how busy the place always in filling orders. Not an excuse, but a reason. Hire more people!
    Smell that? ......German leather and palm sweat.

My Cars
    F10, E30
    When I ordered some Depo's and Prolumen's a few months ago it did take a while also.

HOWEVER, Matt made absolutely certain that my order was taken care of personally. I even changed my order to some ZKW's after talking with him. Yes, the shipping time is not on par with others but I will definitely order from Matt again as well as recommend him to anyone in the market for lighting products. My ZKW's came pre-mounted with the HID's, plus every time I called I spoke directly with Matt. Tell me how many companies have the owner answering the phone every time you call? He even sat on the phone with me on a Saturday to help me set-up the wiring!

I'd rather wait a little longer for products and have great support than have them sent quickly and have difficulty with support post-purchase. They'll get the shipping right in due time.

My Cars
    92 325is
    It seems to me that they're just prettey decently understaffed, is all. I am willing to take a hit like that to deal one on one with knowledgeable people. I'd rather things got done right by people who knew what were doing than they get done quickly by some idiot.
    RISKY DEVIL RISKY DEVIL RISKY DEVIL RISKY DEVIL

My Cars
    99'323is (sold), 00' EM1
    READ THIS!

Ive also purchased a set of headlights and splitters from Matt at Umnitza about a month ago and they had never been shipped. I, like all other customers, got worried and then mad that i had never received my stuff. Luckily I live about an hour away so i scheduled to come up and pick up my items personally from Matt and let me tell you, this is one guy that is truly dedicated to his work. Matt, being a genuine person, is not out there to rip people off or anything. Ive seen how he is and after meeting him and buying his products i am very pleased. Everyone might not know whats happening on the other side of the order but i can assure you that Matt is working 100 times harder than anyone else in the retail business.

As for your items, people make mistakes, its human nature. But also take into account of the shipping company's responsibility to get items to your door. (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.) They make lots of mistakes too...

Hope to purchase from you again in the near future Matt.

-Dien

My Cars
    potato
    this is why I order from Understeer or Apexcone for stuff like this...

My Cars
    325is, WRX
    since last year, from a customer stand point, it looks like umnitza is getting bigger and bigger. i order headlights last winter and got them promptly. but when i needed one fixed this summer it took quite some time to get them back. they offer a ton more products than they did last year, so i guess ONE is right, hire more ppl!

My Cars
    Rally Car
    I know a few people who have had miserable expirences with this company. Matt is an honest and serious businessman who treats people very well and i know his product is good [some expection when he puts in DDE's]. However, being understaffed is not an excuse. Umnitza is a very well known company and has been explanding on a rapid scale with tons of orders and theres no reason he shouldnt hire a few more workers.

My Cars
    98 cosmos M3, 98 332
    hooray for the Bimmer Rides and Body Styling section

-chris

Mustaches For Kids 2008
    www.m4knc.com

My Cars
    Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Avus M3
    My buddy and I had similar experiences. In the end, everything was sorted out, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth. Must have something against the great state of Missouri.
    I hope not... My buddy Randy said today that he is waiting on his head lights and intake that he ordered. I PM'ed them about two HID kits, and they didn't return with a price, which is why I sent the PM.... Who knows...

H1- 6000k & 9006- 6000k... how much?....

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Your response is correct, we're understaffed, and for the whole public to see no?

We'll do everything we can in the next few weeks, we've had a lot of changes planned for some time and this thread illustrates some of the key issues related to those changes.

We carry great products with a staff that is 10X more knowledgeable than anyone else on lighting. You cannot go wrong buying from us, even if sometimes that delay is unbearable.

We dont' regularly answer PMs, please email us, if you didn't get a reply, you'll get one by tonight.

We've proven over time to be one of the most active vendors on about 30-60 forums. We appreciate your business and hope to accelerate our plans for better service within the next 2-4 weeks.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by kesslerbmw525
    I hope not... My buddy Randy said today that he is waiting on his head lights and intake that he ordered. I PM'ed them about two HID kits, and they didn't return with a price, which is why I sent the PM.... Who knows...

H1- 6000k & 9006- 6000k... how much?....
    Two kits are $550 shipped. We will answer your email privately if you have any special circumstances that should not be broadcast

My Cars
    1994 Nissan 300zx R.I.P 1995 BMW M3
    Matt...once again your a great guy and you know your shit so im not bashing you. I just want to let you know I just sent off my lights/bulbs back to you for everything to be done. Just remember to install the original 8000K I had requested. I will email you within the next couple days.
    Thanks for your time for making sure everything is done correctly i appreciate it.
    Kyle