Thread: Okay - anyone have experience with Ground Control?

My Cars
    '97 M3

Question

Howdy folks, I just got a few interesting proposals from Ground Control. Really nifty folks that seem to know what they're talking about - I talked to the owner for a bit and he seemed to have heard the same sort of complaints/requests that I had many times over.

Anyway, they put together a proposal with many different options, and it sounds pretty good. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has any practical experience with their product. They suggested koni single-adjustables in their funky custom MacPherson housings (which look neet-o), custom adjusted to whatever ride height and stiffness I want, with custom spring rates to boot. I also said "I want something maybe a little less stiff than the H&R C/O setup" and he said that would be no problem to create.

The end result would be 4 rebound-adjustable shocks and ride-height adjustability at all corners, for a decent chunk less than the koni coilover kit. Add Eibach sway bars, the weld-in mounting tab reinforcements, and the GC rear control-arm bushing (a "no-brainer," apparently) and the grand total is about the price of H&R Coilovers. I've tried the H&R coilovers and know how they feel and ride, but I haven't heard from anyone w/GCs... anyone out there have 'em?

scott, getting more and more confused.
    :

What spring rates is GC proposing? I'm currently in the middle of a coil over upgrade & fine tuning the spring rates with the kit manufacture. I did use the GC front caster camber plates, which are very nice pieces of work.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    They haven't given me spring rates yet - I guess I need to go in for "round two" of negotiation

scott

Originally posted by M3luxOR
    What spring rates is GC proposing? I'm currently in the middle of a coil over upgrade & fine tuning the spring rates with the kit manufacture. I did use the GC front caster camber plates, which are very nice pieces of work.