RM European Auto Parts

Thread: 91 jdm e36

91 jdm e36

Hi , i purchased a 91 jdm 320i sedan and im having trouble getting straight answers for simple questions. If anyone can help that would b great!

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    In the US, there is no such model, and personally, I have no idea what jdm means. Nonetheless, many BMWs from other markets very closely resemble American models. If you'll ask your particular questions, we might be able to help. It will be greatly beneficial if you post the last seven digits of your VIN #, also, so we can see what equipment your car has, if necessary.

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540iA
    JDM = Japanese Domestic Market, basically all cars either made and/or sold over there.

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Damn, I knew it was something to do with Japanese hot-rod parts, but couldn't quite put it together with a BMW...why isn't it "Japanese Import Market", if it's made in Germany?

Anyway, straight answers for simple questions should be within the forum's knowledge base; but the last seven digits can sure help....

Thanks, Elle shoo tiger

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

Im not sure any numbers will help since most cars in japan dont have vin #s as we know them , they have a plate with 3 #s. neither of which have any meaning when looking for parts in northamerica. Also the 3series body style in 1991 in japan didnt come to north america til 92, man registering this car in canada was a pain i ended up having to reg it with the model#

I need to know what diff fluid i can use, and if dexron 3 atf is ok to use. Thanks man

The e36 came out in japan first as a 320i in 1991,and then came out in north america in 1992 as a 325i with the same m50 inline6 and the same 4speed auto trans
    Last edited by 1stbimmerever; 04-07-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost