RM European Auto Parts

Thread: running hot?

My Cars
    2006 E55 AMG

running hot?

OK I noticed lately that as I drive with the A/C on and sit at a long light, or wait for a long stream of cars before making a turn, that the engine temp gets to about 3/4. Once I get moving its fine, but as I sit there, it gets hot. Any idea what the deal is? Engine is fairly new (97) and the coolant is fresh.

RENNtech 168mm Pulley and Tune | VRP Carbon Fiber Airbox | JP Shorty Headers | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | RENNtech Digital Lowering Module | 19" HRE 547R
    459 RWHP, 522 RWT

My Cars
    BMW 325iSE 1993

Question Air lock or T/stat

You say that the coolant is fresh, by this I take it that you had it changed recently???? could be an air lock, try re-bleeding the system just to make sure. I haven't got A/C so I can't offer any pointers there unfortunately . Worse case scenario is that it could be your thermostat sticking or a sign that it is on it's way to T/stat heaven.

Hope this helps:

325iSE
    Portsmouth. UK.
    "I have not lost my mind.....it's backed up on disk somewhere"
    If Utopia is just a state of mind, keep on dreaming.
    Born Lazy and probably tooo lazy to die!!!

My Cars
    BMW 318i
    Had this happen to me. Try changing the Thermostat Valve, shouldn't cost more than £25. You'll find that they stick after a while, I tried turning on the internal heater blower to move some of the heat away, didn't work, infact it just blew cold air. You really don't want to be running in the red zone...

ayton is offline Rabbit in your headlights
    My Cars
    325ti, '14 Outback 6spd
    damn dude this thread is only like 4 YEARS old!

My Cars
    95 540i6:04 Navi
    Quote Originally Posted by ayton
    damn dude this thread is only like 4 YEARS old!

BBS RC 18X8.5 et13:245/40/18:Koni SA/H&R Sport/M5 3mm Upper Spring Pads/M5T 25mm/20mm Swaybars/Racing King Subframe Inserts/Magnaflow High Flow Cats/Magnaflow Exhaust/3 Inch Tips/Euro Clears/32%Tint/40% on Windshield/6500K HID H1's Headlights and Fogs/Depo Smilies/Factory Shadowline Trim/Shadowline Grill/93 Octane EAT Chip/M5 License Plate Holder/UUC Short Shift Kit/3.15 LSD/ More to Come...