Thread: Couple of questions about swapping seats in my 95 M3

My Cars
    No BMW for now

Couple of questions about swapping seats in my 95 M3

Hey All,

I have been kicking the idea around of taking out my vaders and putting in some Sparco Evo seats. A couple of my questions are,

A: What do you guys think? I know Sparco is advertised a lot in Honda things, just wondering what the thoughts are based on weight factor, comfortability level, etc....

B: If I did swap them out would I have to put them in a fixated(sp?) position or can they use brackets, and also do I have to use a 5 point harness or can I can keep the regular seat belts in tact?

Thanks all.

PS. I didnt really know what forum to put this question in so if a moderator needs to move it please do so. Thank you.

My Cars

Sparco Seat

I just put in a set of Sparco Torino's in my 95 M3. I used the Seat mounts from Sparco. The package said it was for an E36 but I had to do some drilling to widen the whole on the mount for the holes on the car floor to line up properly. Not very difficult, but it did require some test fitting. I used the universal seat brackets from Sparco so the seat can be moved back and forth. Those went in just fine.

On the seat belts I got a little creative. I unscrewed the locking portion from the seat, lined it up on the Sparco seat mounting bracket, drilled a whole and connected it to the seat mouts. Unfortunately this does not move with the Sparco seat like the stock seat, but who else drive my M3 but me :-) I did the same on the passenger seat. I just tell whoever sits there, not to move the seat a lot.

If you go with the harness, you beat seats won't be of much use because the must connect at a 90 or 45 degree angle with the seat to work properly. Also, those a custom job, no easy plug and play like the seats. It's something I plan on doing in the very near future.

I love the seats and I think they look great. I have a hellrot M3 and with black interior. I put in the red and black torinos. THey feel great as well. It also helps with your posture :-)

Who cares if they are used in Hondas!?!? Sparco is a world class company used by a lot of Rally teams worldwide. Don't let a Honda be the judge of whether you get Sparco seats or not.