Thread: Weird headlight wiring problem

My Cars
    2015 335i MSport

Weird headlight wiring problem

I had a set of ZKW with DDE enhanced that Im swapping out for ZKW with DDE Chromiums. Anyway, the passenger side DDE's light up when I turn the lights on and when I arm/disarm my alarm they flash. The driver side DDE's only work when I arm/disarm the alarm, not when I turn the headlights on. What the hell? If theyre getting the signal from the blinkers to flash when the alarm is turned on/off, why wouldnt they work when the headlights are turned on?

My Cars
    97 E36 328i Cabrio
    Quote Originally Posted by mbanks21
    I had a set of ZKW with DDE enhanced that Im swapping out for ZKW with DDE Chromiums. Anyway, the passenger side DDE's light up when I turn the lights on and when I arm/disarm my alarm they flash. The driver side DDE's only work when I arm/disarm the alarm, not when I turn the headlights on. What the hell? If theyre getting the signal from the blinkers to flash when the alarm is turned on/off, why wouldnt they work when the headlights are turned on?
    From what I recall (when connecting up my city lights [daytime running lights]) that there are two positive wires going to the corner lights. And, I do think that one of the feeds controls the "blinking" aspect and the other is for standard "on" mode. (I could be way off on this). Anyway, maybe you either have a short in your corner turn signal bulb, or maybe you have tapped into both hot feeds somehow? Just guessing.
    A Scarola
    1997/04 E36 (C)
    328iC Cabrio Convertible
    Aegaeisblau Metallic (336)
    Nappa Champagne (L7CM)
    VIN WBABK7324VET64213
    Born 1997-04-16

My Cars
    2015 335i MSport
    Im guessing the wiring that keeps the DDE/blinker in the "on" position shorted out. The "blinking" wire still works. Either way, I just ran a wire over to the other side and it works fine

My Cars
    97 E36 328i Cabrio
    Im guessing the wiring that keeps the DDE/blinker in the "on" position shorted out. The "blinking" wire still works. Either way, I just ran a wire over to the other side and it works fine
    Excellent!

My Cars
    M3/4
    Are you sure you tapped the constant on in the corners, not the blinker?