Thread: Getting ready to place my order for a 2006 X3

My Cars
    2008 328xi, Many Jeeps

Getting ready to place my order for a 2006 X3

I'm going to trade the Pathfinder in on a 2006 X3. I must say the Pathfinder has been a great vehicle while living in Colorado. It has gone any place I have ever asked it to go without fail. Can't say the same for my buddies Grand Cherokee or Discovery!! But here in Germany it just doesn't cut it. Anything above 90mph just feels bad, not to mention it sucks gas like it is free.

So I went and test drove a 2005 X3 3.0 today and I must say I liked it. The one I will order will be a 2006 with premium package, cold weather package, xenon lights. It is a lot smaller than my Pathfinder, but not buy much. That will take some getting used to. I just hope my 80lbs Old English Sheepdog and 9yr old daughter will fit comfortably in the back. I was just amazed at the power it had (only 225hp compared to my 240hp) and this little truck/car would move. I found three things I didn't care much for.
    1. I thought the front seats were uncomfortable (may just take some getting used to). And what is with the reflective stripes sewn in the seats?
    2. I was surprised that the back glass does not lift up. To get in the back the whole tailgate must be opened. Does this bother anyone else?
    3. And I thought the ride was a little choppy. Could be that I was doing 120mph!! Although I would normally drive at around 90-100mph, and this felt fine.

All that being said, I think I am going to go ahead and get this X3 and drive it for the 3yrs I am here in Germany. Anyone have any words of wisdom before I put money down?

My Cars
    2010 E60
    The X3 is a great Vehicle we are very happy with ours. Here is my response on the things you pointed out. 1) The front seats seem to be comfortable for some, and not as compfortable for others. I like the little reflective stripes in the seats. It is like something off of a Columbia brand jacket. Kinda a high end outdoorish kinda theme I guess. 2) It doesnt bother me that the rear door of the truck opens that way. I think its more of an american thing to do any thing else. 3) Yes the ride is slightly harsher, but its not that bad, it seems to feal bumps and dips more. On acceleration, It doesnt give you the fealing of being thrown back into your seat, but it certainly will get up and go quick enough. It is plenty sufficient. I would highly recomend getting one.

My Cars
    2008 328xi, Many Jeeps
    Thanks for the reply