Thread: e39 528i stroker options who done it???

My Cars
    NONE/ posting rules

e39 528i stroker options who done it???

I bought a 528it sport I think tourings are ,I put my hands on it for a low low price it`s a 99 with 24k on it.-so I was thinking there is room to spend a litttle money without saying the car cost me too much.
    M5 front bumper
    18"`s on 245`s
    done
    mods in the mail:
    catback
    shark
    jim conforti cold air
    and pulleys.
    I was thinking about the SC option but new is expensive used is hard to find and being an auto( ),if I drive without going crazy it`s barely goes well over 3000rpm.and ASA and uuc sc are pretty high$$$,but only these will get you power at low rpm.
    So I was thinking cams and stroke it(power from the go),is it possible to just use a crank from an other model without having to change pistons and connecting rods etc...is the 530i crank connects to the same internals?,I know s52 staff is a possible option but not for a straight crank swap.The engine really is in like new condition,so I think it`s unnecessary as well as much more expensive to do rods and pistons as well.
    So all the GURU`s please chime in.
    pics coming soon
    please don`t advise to go sell and go for 540i this is what came so I took it,if you have a full M5 driveline ready for a swap for a fair price I will think about that one.

My Cars
    94 540,72 3.0CS,'13 WRX
    Hmm... BMW strokers are very few and far between. Pretty much only 2 companies even offer it for any model, Korman and Metric Mechanic. The 528i (e39) engine is the same one that is in the 328i, if I am not mistaken, so any performance options that work with that (aside from chips) should work there too. Since it is an auto, you really don't want to push more torque or power, though. As to your specific query, though, I don't think any of the cranks are a direct swap to get better stroke and therefore more displacement. I think all of the higher displacement engines are bored more to get the higher displacement. That being said, I don't have a chart detailing the bore and stroke on the e36/e46 engines.