Thread: new owner!! now i need help

My Cars
    97 silver 328is

new owner!! now i need help

ok, bought a 87 325i conv. the engine is in good shape. i am going to change the timing belt and water pump and throw on some new brake pads. Othe than that, she runs great. what i need help with is the interior. the leather is not in the best shape. there are some tears and lots of wear.

1. is it best to try and fix the leather in some way or just get the seats reapulstered, which can be pricey.

2. the shifter knob is not on securely. where can i order a new one?

3. i need to get an owners manual. where can i get one?

4. i would also like to wrap the sterring wheel in something - any suggestions?

5. cleaning the engine compartment - can i use off the shelf spray and let sit stuff or is there a particular way i should clean it

i think that's it for now. i'll post some pics soon. thanks.
    "The koalas are so hungry they are eating pine needles," "What will tourists think of a habitat of denuded trees with desperate, starving koalas roaming the damaged landscape?"

My Cars
    85 325e
    1. check with an interior shop, they can do wonders. They patched a split on my dads 98 M3 and you cant tell. even with the marbleized leather.

2. Dealer, or you can get an aftermarket one. I bought a lighted //M3 one for an late model E36 for 100 and it looks sweet.

3. Dealer, you could wait for one to pop up one ebay but the manuals are cheap.

4. leather, or get a new one. the M-tec ones are on Ebay all the time.

5. Simple green, dont let it sit very long. rinse until you think you got it all of then rinse about 3 times more. use only low pressure water.

yeah, post pics

My Cars
    85 325e
    Try EBC Greenstuffs brake pads.