Thread: Angel Eyes and my experience w/ Umnitza

My Cars
    E71 X6 4.4L "BatMobile"

Angel Eyes and my experience w/ Umnitza

Ok so I thought about this for a long time before I decided to post because I think its important not to act in haste or out of emotion. So I am merely going to tell my story as objectively as possible.

I ordered angel eyes through Mat at Umnitza. He spent a good deal of time with me on the phone explaining the differences, and helped me get exactly what I wanted. Very nice guy and very helpful.

Now I called on a Thursday (about a month ago) and I was going on vacation on the next Tuesday (with my car). So I wanted the angel eyes so that I could take them with me and install them. After my vacation I knew I would have zero time for this project. I have been away every weekend since and I work late during the week. So Mat assured me that he would send it next day and at worst I would have it Monday.

Monday came and no angel eyes, I called Mat and he said they just forgot to send it. Damn, oh well, mistakes happen, I wished that my sense of urgency would have meant enough to be extra careful but I cant crucify the guy for a clerical error.

So we change the address to the vacation address that I will be at for the next week.
    I think they finally arrived on a Friday, with no instructions or any directions or link to their website. Mat told me that I would have a screen name and password that would arrive with the angel eyes. So I called up, again, and he gave me a screen name and password. A little annoyed that I have to initiate every step, but oh well, I can finally get to work, right?

So I go to the site to get instructions, only to have the site be down. So I try again on Saturday and the site is not down, but it still wont load all the pictures, and I’m positive it was on Umnitza’s end, because I on college campus with a T3 connection!!! And I tried many, many different computers… server was too busy… so Sunday comes and I am finally able to print out the directions… well by this time I need to make my way back home (5 hour drive) so needless to say they are still sitting in my trunk as I have had no time.

I hope I am not over-reacting, but I think many people on this board are as busy as I am, and the difference of a few days can mean the difference between a mod getting done a few weeks later. This weekend will be my first free weekend since I got them, so hopefully I wont run into any more issues and will finally get them installed

Mat and Umnitza seem very popular here and I’m sure they have great products, but I will not order from them again, because I just cant trust that I will get what I need, when I need it.

My Cars
    Fast s30 Z / Slow e92 M3
    i have the same problem with the shipping...3 weeks so far..this is the last week i can wait... because i have to send the AEs to my friends address (my dad is currently rebuilding our house) and he is leaving for school and so will i...if they dont come this week im going to ask for a refund and stick with my AE filters...other than this i had great experiance with Umnitza's HID kit and service

My Cars
    E71 X6 4.4L "BatMobile"

3 weeks, damn

its too bad because Mat is such a good guy, i wanted to keep doing business with them, but it just seems too unorganized...

maybe i will change my tune once i get a chance to put these suckers on

My Cars
    02 C5 Z06, 98 M3, 03 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieb022000
    maybe i will change my tune once i get a chance to put these suckers on
    You will. I had the exact same experience: paid for 3-day shipping, didn't receive for almost a month.

But, once I got them on (without instructions), I was won over. The lights look f'ing sweet and they did a great job pre-installing the HID's and DDE's. I was a little pissed at first like you, but once they're on, all is forgotten...
    --Jason

My Cars
    6 pots, 2 snails
    Quote Originally Posted by vrsixer
    You will. I had the exact same experience: paid for 3-day shipping, didn't receive for almost a month.

But, once I got them on (without instructions), I was won over. The lights look f'ing sweet and they did a great job pre-installing the HID's and DDE's. I was a little pissed at first like you, but once they're on, all is forgotten...
    until the ballasts go out after 30 days

i woulda bitched, but i sold the car, had to rip the plug out of the drivers side just so both would be off.

Originally Posted by m3fuz:The sock represents all that is OT - filthy, sweaty, smelly, a bit retarded, but you just want to envelop yourself in it. Beware the sock.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Ok so I thought about this for a long time before I decided to post because I think its important not to act in haste or out of emotion. So I am merely going to tell my story as objectively as possible.

I ordered angel eyes through Mat at Umnitza. He spent a good deal of time with me on the phone explaining the differences, and helped me get exactly what I wanted. Very nice guy and very helpful.

Now I called on a Thursday (about a month ago) and I was going on vacation on the next Tuesday (with my car). So I wanted the angel eyes so that I could take them with me and install them. After my vacation I knew I would have zero time for this project. I have been away every weekend since and I work late during the week. So Mat assured me that he would send it next day and at worst I would have it Monday.

Monday came and no angel eyes, I called Mat and he said they just forgot to send it. Damn, oh well, mistakes happen, I wished that my sense of urgency would have meant enough to be extra careful but I cant crucify the guy for a clerical error.

So we change the address to the vacation address that I will be at for the next week.

which is not supposed to happen, it puts us at a great risk for fraud, but we did it any ways to make sure you were happy

I think they finally arrived on a Friday, with no instructions or any directions or link to their website.
    Your receipt contains all the login and password information required, if you need additional information, we're always here to help.

Mat told me that I would have a screen name and password that would arrive with the angel eyes. So I called up, again, and he gave me a screen name and password. A little annoyed that I have to initiate every step, but oh well, I can finally get to work, right?

Not required as the previous comments attest to it.

So I go to the site to get instructions, only to have the site be down. So I try again on Saturday and the site is not down, but it still wont load all the pictures, and I’m positive it was on Umnitza’s end, because I on college campus with a T3 connection!!!

This is still "overcome'able" as you can get alternative instructions from us to other sites.

And I tried many, many different computers… server was too busy… so Sunday comes and I am finally able to print out the directions…

Again, is this our fault?

well by this time I need to make my way back home (5 hour drive) so needless to say they are still sitting in my trunk as I have had no time.

I hope I am not over-reacting, but I think many people on this board are as busy as I am, and the difference of a few days can mean the difference between a mod getting done a few weeks later. This weekend will be my first free weekend since I got them, so hopefully I wont run into any more issues and will finally get them installed

well, you are able to get responses from us at all odd hours of the day, including weekends...

Mat and Umnitza seem very popular here and I’m sure they have great products, but I will not order from them again, because I just cant trust that I will get what I need, when I need it.
    I guess I'm both flattered and flustered.

1) Flattered that you should value our business so much that even the little things may make it a big difference. It's the expectation of perfection we try to strive for, and yes, if you don't hit perfect, you lose. We have set it up that way. So we are somewhat flattered that you should believe that we can make it perfect (which we try to do), but...

2) flustered that some mistakes do happen. Delays in shipping have nothing to do with us once they leave our hands. The instructions were sent to you within minutes (probably) of receipt.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by FifthStreetz
    i have the same problem with the shipping...3 weeks so far..this is the last week i can wait... because i have to send the AEs to my friends address (my dad is currently rebuilding our house) and he is leaving for school and so will i...if they dont come this week im going to ask for a refund and stick with my AE filters...other than this i had great experiance with Umnitza's HID kit and service
    First of all, your situation is as follows - THE DAY OF YOUR ORDER - we shipped your product.

It was returned to us because USPS couldn't find your address, ironically, a second package shipped with the exact same address from our East Coast Location was delivered no problem 2 days later.

Your order upon return (10 days later) was immediately reshipped by actually visiting the counter of the USPS post office, that was done 1 week ago.

It's clear that it's lost. This is again, nothing to do with us.

My Cars
    E71 X6 4.4L "BatMobile"

hmmm, perhaps my post was not clear

you did not ship my product, it was NOT UPS, YOU admitted to me that it just didn’t go out, and you are not sure why! when you did ship it out there were NO instructions or password.

The website WAS DOWN all day.

those are facts, not someone demanding perfection.

Here is a tip, don’t forget to ship something, and include the instructions with the product. seems simple enough to me.

No one on this board will blame you for shipping delay out of your control, but forgetting to ship something is understandably frustrating... as is opening a package with no instructions.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    you did not ship my product, it was NOT UPS, YOU admitted to me that it just didn’t go out, and you are not sure why! when you did ship it out there were NO instructions or password.

The website WAS DOWN all day.

those are facts, not someone demanding perfection.

Here is a tip, don’t forget to ship something, and include the instructions with the product. seems simple enough to me.

No one on this board will blame you for shipping delay out of your control, but forgetting to ship something is understandably frustrating... as is opening a package with no instructions.
    It's incredibly frustrating, you're right, but again, like you admitted mistakes happen. When you ship as much as we do, sometimes, things are a little bit slower than it should be

But the instructions are available on your actual receipt when you purchase, they are there.
    Sorry, we do hope you come back to us, we do work harder than anyone out there to make your product the best.

My Cars
    02 C5 Z06, 98 M3, 03 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by umnitza
    Sorry, we do hope you come back to us, we do work harder than anyone out there to make your product the best.
    I agree with that. My lights are top-notch!
    --Jason

My Cars
    e36
    I had my items get shipped for liek 3 days and loved it.
    Armenian Pride lll

My Cars
    2019 M4 CS; 2013 M3
    i must say, when it comes to shipping, umnitza has been fast with me...today for some reason, i was supposed to have something overnighted, but its not...i have done more than one transaction with them...from a repacement zkw lens to fogs to hid systems...everythig has been great thus far except yesterdaysshippinh, price especially...i am 95% product satisfied and 110% with their cusomre treatment

My Cars
    2013 Lexus CT200H
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMansGTS
    i must say, when it comes to shipping, umnitza has been fast with me...today for some reason, i was supposed to have something overnighted, but its not...i have done more than one transaction with them...from a repacement zkw lens to fogs to hid systems...everythig has been great thus far except yesterdaysshippinh, price especially...i am 95% product satisfied and 110% with their cusomre treatment
    GOTDINAN?
    94 325IS *RIP 10-3-05*

My Cars
    2019 M4 CS; 2013 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdinan?
    you are such a tool...are you blind and did you not see that i prasied them for our first transaction?

My Cars
    04' 330ci ZHP, 96 BMW 328is(sold)
    dont even start with the wait time....it took me a total of 2 months to get mine. not very impressed with the shipping time but the angeleyes look great. if you can be patient.....really patient, its worth it.
    -if its not a bimmer why bother driving it !

2004 330ci ZHP - stock .....for now
    1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan (Sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMansGTS
    you are such a tool...are you blind and did you not see that i prasied them for our first transaction?

I think he meant the head banging smilie to be a compliment.

But I too have had great service with Umnitza. I know it can be frustrating when things go wrong, and I've had my fair share, but I try to let some things slip since he and other companies are still coming out with new products for our cars which are 10 years old. It may take longer than we'd like, but he'll make it right one way or the other.

My Cars
    2013 Lexus CT200H
    Quote Originally Posted by hatm3
    I think he meant the head banging smilie to be a compliment.
    yup!
    GOTDINAN?
    94 325IS *RIP 10-3-05*

My Cars
    E71 X6 4.4L "BatMobile"