Thread: DDE Wiring - Lost high beams/fogs, and AE won't power. Pics included.

My Cars
    92' 325i

Angry DDE Wiring - Lost high beams/fogs, and AE won't power. Pics included.

Subject: DDE Titaniums

Problem: High beams/fogs are out, no power to AE's. Yes, I understand they are tied together. That fogs won't work without the high beams.

All my fuses are fine. Nothing appears to be out of the ordinary in the fuse box.

I followed the directions on both apexcones website and even umnitza sent me their instructions... which were almost the exact same as apexcone's. Even the same pictures!

My theory is, I've got something mis-wired and that's what is making my high beams/fogs not work. I originally installed my passenger headlights AE's first. I had everything working as normal. I got the AE's to be powered up by splicing into the red power wire off the ballast and running a wire over to the one wire in the parking light. The whole passenger lighting seemed fine. High beams worked and fogs worked. When I went to the middle position on light switch, the little tiny bulb in the high beams also now lit. I pulled this out. Everything still functioned as normal.

I went on to the drivers light, did exactly everything the same as the passenger side. Now I have these issues. I have attached pictures of my drivers headlight and the wiring. Maybe someone can spot a problem?

Driver Headlight Wiring

All my connections are soldered and then covered with electrical tape for the time being. Didn't want to heat shrink anything until I was sure everything worked. Also, when I did my drivers light, it stopped my passenger rings from working.

You can see in the pic, that I have since disconnected my wire to the parking light and just covered it with electrical tape in attempts to getting my high's/fogs working again. To no avail.

My Cars
    92' 325i
    Here is a picture of my corner lights as well. I used to have the Gen IV angel eyes. Put I originally had power from the new AE's to the purple wire.

My Cars
    92' 325i
    bump

My Cars
    '96 318ti, '15 Focus ST
    there was was a white wire coming out of the plug and play connector on mine. all i had to do was tap that into the parking light wire (the grey with either a purple or yellow stripe, depending on the side). i didnt have to connect the red wire to anything. it was already connected via a connector to something else. i cant remember what to off the top of my head.
    BMWMOFO C6MPACT

My Cars
    92' 325i
    yeah, you can see the white wire coming out of the pnp connector in the picture. So you just spliced into that?

My Cars
    '96 318ti, '15 Focus ST
    well the white wire coming out of my pnp connectors wasnt connected to anything. it was just a wire that had one end connected to the pnp and the other end just cut. i stripped the wire on the cut side of the white wire and spliced it into the grey/purple (or yellow) wire. that was all the wiring i had to do. it worked first time.
    BMWMOFO C6MPACT

My Cars
    1996 328i
    Are your headlights stock or aftermarket. From the sounds of it you have a city light (DRL) inside of a Eurospec headlight. Yoiu can swap the city lights for the DDE (ie splice white wire on the PnP) but the city light goes off when you turn your headlights on so you would need to make a different power source.

My Cars
    92' 325i
    Canadian DRL. So my headlights are on all the time, unless I go to middle position.

ZKW's w/xtec 6k hid's.

My Cars
    '09 F150, '03 M3
    Check your ground wire, the brown and make sure it's connected. That's what i would see as connecting the 3 together, no ground = no lights. use a voltmeter and check the ground to + terminal in the engine bay. Make sure you all the fuses are good too!

My Cars
    92' 325i
    Gonna try replacing all the fuses in any regard.

Any way to check if the relays went?