Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: removing dried, excess wax

My Cars
    1999 M3

removing dried, excess wax

Never again will I make the mistake of letting someone else wax my car (unless I really know that they know their business). There is dried wax in places like the rain gutters around the rear glass and in between the paint and rubber weatherstripping.

I bought some of this stuff hoping that it would help me remove it:

It doesn't work well at all. I spray it liberally on the area, then scrub with an old MF towel (or a Q-tip, if it's a hard-to-reach area), but when the area dries you can see that it hasn't done anything to remove the stubborn, dried wax. Any suggestions?

My Cars
    Mini Cooper S Cab
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovinPickle
    Never again will I make the mistake of letting someone else wax my car (unless I really know that they know their business). There is dried wax in places like the rain gutters around the rear glass and in between the paint and rubber weatherstripping.

I bought some of this stuff hoping that it would help me remove it:

It doesn't work well at all. I spray it liberally on the area, then scrub with an old MF towel (or a Q-tip, if it's a hard-to-reach area), but when the area dries you can see that it hasn't done anything to remove the stubborn, dried wax. Any suggestions?
    If that doesn't work, I use GR-40 regularly from topoftheline.com, it works really well at getting wax out of cracks and trim.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by GKGreen
    If that doesn't work, I use GR-40 regularly from topoftheline.com, it works really well at getting wax out of cracks and trim.
    I haven't heard of this product before, but I'll give it a look. Thanks for the advice.

My Cars
    M3/4
    Depends on where you're trying to remove it, but if it's on a painted surface, QD and a MF will take it off. If it's on rubber, try a staedler white drafting eraser available at your local office store; if it's on plastic, a Mr. Clean Eraser; if it's on glass, any quality glass cleaner will remove it.

My Cars
    97 M3 4dr
    I just read a couple posts that claim peanut oil (or peanut butter) do fabulous jobs. Personally, I'll try them and see how it goes. If not, then I'll look up these other options.
    ----------
    daveb

My Cars
    325izzle
    Plastic eraser. Works for me.

My Cars
    tree-ate-een-tee-eye
    Mr. Clean magic eraser worked for me for the trim around the car. I would assume that it would work everywhere else on the car too.
    Try to keep it away from the paint though, I think that it would remove wax too.

-Randy
    Straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers. -97 Schwarz II Black 318ti Sport- Goodtimes 318ti -99 TiAg Dinan 323is -13 Scion FRS 10 Series

Now Featuring: Hartge Exhaust, 325is Vented brakes with Goodridge SS lines, clear fronts/sidemarkers (1/2 mod), Blacked out kidney grilles, Bilstein Sports with H&R Sports, E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcement plates, OEM E46 M68 17" rims, 18x8.5 Hartge Classics,Gen IV DEPOs w/ 4500k HIDs and city lights
    Coming soon:IF YOU HAVE A 318TI SPORT FS IN SOCAL, TELL ME!...DASCed 2.1 maybe?...or the new car mod...ALL IN ONE CAR!