Thread: Need help/info/advice about 99 M3

My Cars
    99 BMW M3

Need help/info/advice about 99 M3

First off, I'm an M3 owner for life. I just bought my beautiful Esteriol Blue 99 M3 two weeks ago and loving driving it. It's actually my second M3, my first was a 95 white M3. Anyhow, I want to do some mods on it. I want to start by lowering it. After lowering my 95 m3 and having it for years, I can't stand the factory height on these cars. It just doesn't look right IMO. However, when looking at the wheels on this car, it looks like they came out of the factory with wider tires in the back. I did not get the manual when I bought this (the seller is sending it soon) and don't know the differences between a 95 m3 and 99 m3. If I lower it with let's say H&R Sport springs will it rub the fenders? Will I have to roll the fenders (I don't want to have to do that). Does anyone know. Any information you may have about upgrading, advice, diff. between 95 m3 and 99 m3, or whatever, is much appreciated. I want to mod this car right. I love it and want to do it justice. Thanks guys.

BTW I'm new to the forum and still learning how to use it, so be patient. Thanks

My Cars
    '99 M3
    the wheels in back are wider. 96+ got the staggered wheel setup. once you search the board a bit more you will be able to see all the differences between 95 and the 96+ M3s. to answer your question you won't rub with just H&R sport springs. congrats on the purchase. i may be a bit biased but i think out of all the E36s 99 estoril M3s are the best

My Cars
    99 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by wushucivic
    the wheels in back are wider. 96+ got the staggered wheel setup. once you search the board a bit more you will be able to see all the differences between 95 and the 96+ M3s. to answer your question you won't rub with just H&R sport springs. congrats on the purchase. i may be a bit biased but i think out of all the E36s 99 estoril M3s are the best
    Right on. I agree with your last statement. What kind of mods have you done. I'm looking for advice and the best combination of mods for this car. Thanks.

My Cars
    '99 M3
    i probably have less mods than 80% of the E36 guys on the board but i have H&R coilovers, cosmos racing intake, M50 manifold, zkws+hids, x-brace, sunroof eclipse, stromung exhaust, clears all around, and GC RSMs. pretty soon i will probably have a Z3 steering rack and my bi-xenon retrofitted hids . i you search this section there are tons of threads about what mod to get etc. i did one myself a little while back

My Cars
    1999 Titanium E36 M3
    wooh the only mod i have: uuc shift nob from my brother for my b-day. yeah anyways, yes the rear wheels are bigger, bigger engine, different air conditioning system, smaller on board computer (no mpg or miles til empty etc) and you know, my car is DAMN low and i believe it's factory...and i barely make it over the speed bumps here in VA which i hear are...pretty low. how can you afford to lower your car??

My Cars
    '99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitM3
    wooh the only mod i have: uuc shift nob from my brother for my b-day. yeah anyways, yes the rear wheels are bigger, bigger engine, different air conditioning system, smaller on board computer (no mpg or miles til empty etc) and you know, my car is DAMN low and i believe it's factory...and i barely make it over the speed bumps here in VA which i hear are...pretty low. how can you afford to lower your car??
    they have 3 different OBCs. one is 7 button, one 11, and one 18. i only have an 11 but i'm pretty sure the 18 still has the MPG and miles till empty.