Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Paint Chips Repaired

My Cars
    Z3 2.3, Isetta 300

Paint Chips Repaired

I need to go in to get the paint chips on my hood and fron end fixed. Any idea how much it is going to cost to have all three panels shot (spoiler, filler panel holding the kidneys, hood)? What should I look for in a body shop? Any help is appreciated!

My Cars
    my bimmer
    The whole panels need to be repainted. Just find a body shop that have dealt with lots of European cars will be a good choice. Sometimes your local dealer can give you pointer, however the shop my dealer uses is not that good.

Look whether they can match your paint. Ask for warranty on their work. I have had and have problems with wax spots, where the shop hadn't cleaned the panel throughly before repainting which cause the new paint to drop in places creating lots of small (very) craters on the panel.

That have happened to me twice. Once on my previous car, because it was insurance work, I rejected the job a year after it got done and get them to repaint the whole hood again. Before I bought my bimmer I got the dealer to repaint the hood before I signed the dotted line.

Other than that good luck, and enjoy the new paint :-)

E39 528i SE
    E36 318ti