Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: help with led wiring for custom garage door opener and alarm

My Cars
    1996 328i

help with led wiring for custom garage door opener and alarm

Does anyone know how to wire an alarm and a garage door opener to one LED? I installed a garage door opener the other day, and everything works, even the LED. The problem is I can only get one device to work with the LED at a time. I've toyed with the idea of getting a bi-led, but I'm not sure what type to get to replace my alarm LED.
    thanks,
    DAVE

My Cars
    1997 ///M3
    Find a good electronics store (read: NOT Radio Shack) but some mom and pop joint with transisters and old TV tubes and stuff hanging on the walls as decoration. They'll hook you right up with how to do whatever you want.

By the time those kinds of stores are done with you, you'll have spent all of $5 and the gizmo you're building will sing campfire songs when you press the garage door button.

Those stores are great for that sort of thing. I went to one here in Maryland asking about a new capacitor for the common climate control defect....they didn't have the exact size but they sat there and played with the thing for 25 minutes finding another size that would work instead. All for a $1 purchase.

So in short, find a good electronics store and they'll help you design the thing with new ideas you may not have even thought of yet.