Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E39 ** HID Retrofitting Guide Part 1** Sorry 56k

My Cars
    1999 528i Sport, 1990 Volvo 740 Turbo Int.
    Are you also getting an LBF message with this mod?
    Jordan Green

My Cars
    2001 525/5 Sport
    I'm having trouble locating this "H7 adapter kit" that sounds like a plug and play retrofit utilizing the stock H7 sockets. Could someone please post a link to this product. I'd rather buy a kit like this than do the cutting/modifications. Thanks!!!

My Cars
    E92 M3 Comp
    Quote Originally Posted by valvesprung View Post
    Are you also getting an LBF message with this mod?
    yes, only when the lights are off though. if you need an h7 application just ask whatever manufacturer you're ordering from to send you that type of kit, got mine from umnitza. fyi- for anyone who has depo headlights you have to dremel a small "notch" into the bottom part of the bulb holder to allow space for the extra wire the hid bulb has attached to it. if you don't you may break it trying to push the bulb into the holder.

My Cars
    99 528i
    Umnitza, do you sell an adapter for adding HID's to the 01+ Hellas without modifying the stock bulb holder?

My Cars
    M5, E61
    we are just about to start bringing those in and can order you a special order unit.

My Cars
    99 528i
    how much? and how soon will they be available?

My Cars
    88M3-89M3-91MTech-98528i
    I did the same exact thing except I used more of the original housing so that I could grab it with my fingers. Once the HID bulb is in front of it, you just push it in and twist to lock it in place. You have to basically gut the original holder and hollow it out. No need for the pvc elbow.

As for the cold LBF, I'm telling you guys...cheap $14 city light kit tapped into the wiring will solve the problem AND give you city lights you can install anywhere.

My Cars
    01M5,72TA,06LBz,850,540m

focalpoint question

I have a 01 with HID OEM and i wanted to do this to my high's. How does the focal point thing work out inthe highbeams? Who has a kit number and a Vendor? I am assuming there are vendors on the boards here. Link?

Quote Originally Posted by wbread99 View Post
    Good Job! I've looked into doing the same thing, but havent because I havent worked through a couple of issues yet. Here's the guestion: I see you've got projectors, so its less of an issue than it is with reflectors, but did you measure the distance of the filament (or light source on D2S) to the lens when you did the mod? I saw some idiot who did it with a honda lens, and he didnt take into account the filament distance, and the light was way up in everyones eyes. Bad mod!

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Quote Originally Posted by cer54467 View Post
    I am assuming there are vendors on the boards here. Link?
    Supporting Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12