Thread: OSH@RaceMarque is my hero! P1188 and P1189 solved after head swap!

My Cars
    1995 M3

OSH@RaceMarque is my hero! P1188 and P1189 solved after head swap!

I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone here and OSH@RaceMarque for their time in helping me. I had a mis shift about a month ago resulting in 12 bent exhaust valves. I got the head back on on Thursday, and the car was running. It through misfire codes and fuel management codes. I spent 2 days looking for a vacuum leak at the intake manifold. I could not figure it out. I was going to pull the manifold off tomorrow and make sure everything was sealed and connected tight. I then did many hours of searching and finally found a thread stating the o2 sensors could be connected wrong at the fuel rail causing it to read the opposite cylinders it is supposed to. 30 seconds later, I switched the connectors and my car ran like new! If you ever have these problems and have messed with the sensors, make sure you plug them up the right way. Bimmerforums comes through again, and I could not have done it without it and hellrot325's DIY headgasket replacement. Thanks again Bimmerforums, only $650 later plus $250 in tool my car runs like new after the dreaded mis shift!

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    woowhooo!!
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    1995 Hellrot 325is
    Glad it helped. Careful shifting. When I let my 26 y/o son drive my car my first words are always "You moneyshift and I'll kill you". He just does this
    [
    Turner Perf Chip/Fan Delete/Sparco Strut Tower Brace/X-Brace/JTD Underpanel
    Zimmerman X-D Rotors/Axxis Ultimate Pads/Solid Caliper Guide Bolt Bushings
    UUC EVO3/DSSR SSK/3.15 LSD/Cosmos Racing CAI V2/ASC Delete
    96+ M3 LCA/LCAB M3 RTAB and GC Shims
    BMW OEM Alarm/Woodgrain Delete/Blizzaks baby!/16x7 BMW Style 30 Sport wheels

My Cars
    95 M3
    Ha ha, I had the exact same problem. Man it felt good after switching the o2 sensor wires and having the car run perfectly.