Thread: Ok, what is this on my coolant hose? (+ hose q's)

My Cars
    85 325e

Question Ok, what is this on my coolant hose? (+ hose q's)

I've got a hose about to break, the one that goes from the bottom/back of the thermostat to the firewall. Pulling parts to get to that hose I noticed that there was a brass coupling inline on the hose between the termostat and the throttle body. This coupling has a 2 prong plug on it, but nothing is attached. There arent any spare wires and this couping isnt shown in the EKT diag. Anybody got a clue what it's for?

Also the hose is the one from the bottom of the throttle body to the firewall, I belive this is part 18 in the coolant hose diag. in the EKT. On mine it looks like a 1" inside diameter hose except where it fits the thermostat it opens to about 1.5 inches inside diameter. My question is does the hose do this naturally or did they just strech the hose over the fitting? Just wondering if nobody has my hose in stock could I use some generic stuff and strech it over the fitting until I get the correct hose?

It also seems to bee rubbing the intake manifold (if that helps tell what hose I speak of).

Thanks
    Ryan

My Cars
    '11 XC90, '06 Jetta 2.0T
    can you get any pics to help clarify?
    -Dave

My Cars
    85 325e
    ill see what I can do. As a poor E30 owner I can't drop the bucks for the Digicam. (spent it all on Apinas :P )