Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Fine Fine Scratch removal?

My Cars

Fine Fine Scratch removal?

This is probably the worst place to ask, but I might as well give it a shot.

I have extra fine scatches on the surface of my hood. I have been working pretty hard to get rid of them, but have not been having too much luck.

I have tried Meguiars Show Car Glaze (kind of a waste in my opinion), 3M Rubbing Compound, Find and Light Scratch Removal (I would have though this would have at least helped), Meguiars-Scratch-X, every wax I own, Klasse All In One, Klasse Sealant Glaze, and just about everything esle, but they are just not going away, what the frikkin hell.

I am to the point that I would even ask you guys for help, so does anyone have any suggestions?

My Cars
    But at all other times you would never ever notice the scratches.

At all other times the car looks very glossy, and wet. It is only when you have the sun on the paint and you are being blinded to hell that you can see the scratches.

Here is a pic of what it looks like 95% of the time.

My Cars
    1988 M3
    Have you tried 3M Hand Glaze? I swear by this stuff, it is miracle compound! I used a whole bottle on my car during my detail session, and it really brought out the shine, and took out a lot of the scratches!
    Bryan K.
    1988 ///M3
    1997 E36 ///M3 Project
    Texas A&M Formula SAE

My Cars
    I have not tried 3M IHG, but I have tried similar glazes that should have produced the same effect.

I taked with some people on a more detailed oriented forum, and they said that what I had where not scratches but rather what is called spiderwebs. They are micriscopic cracks, and no matter what you do they will not come out. I think it has to do with the quailty of the clear coat. A show car will not have these because of the quality of the clear coat, but on economy cars like a BMW the paint is lower quailty, and so it will be more prone to scratches and this spiderwebbing. There is no cure for this spiderwebbing effect, and no matter how hard you try it will not come off...

...Bummer...

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328i

Angry

Crap....I was hoping enough Scratch-X would fix this problem. Oh well...thanks for the info Hyp.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1988 M3
    Hmm... Don't use too many cleaning products on your paint because you will wear through it. My car is showing the primer in a few areas on the hood (little white spots) where the previous owner buffed it too much. Of course my paint is 15 years old
    Bryan K.
    1988 ///M3
    1997 E36 ///M3 Project
    Texas A&M Formula SAE

Hum.. U guys sure thats spiderwebbing in that last pic?

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels
    Dude, old thread alert.

My Cars
    1994 318is
    hahahahaha only what 7 , 8 months late

Yea well I used the search function

My Cars
    WRX
    Yeah, thats spiderwebbing for sure.

For a second I thought Hype was back... meh :