Thread: somthin weird happend today

My Cars
    02 M3

somthin weird happend today

when i parked my car and tried to turn off the ingnition, i turned the key inorder to turn the car off, buuutt the car didnt turn off and the key just came out of the ignition. When i tried to put the key back into the ingnition and tryed to turn it, the ingition stayed locked and it would not turn over again. so i just stalled the car in order to turn it off,, would u guys happen to know what happened... i have had a push button start for about a year now so i would not think that would be the problem.

any advice would be appreciated. thanks

k&n intake. cat-back magmaflow exaust system. bhs pullies, software.

My Cars
    BMW 325i
    It may be that your starter silanoid is stuck in the on position. I have had this happen to me on a cheesy fram starter that i bought for my Jeep. Just a suggestion of something to look for.

92 325i | 94 Jeep wrangler (Big)

My Cars
    boosted 323is
    i had this exact thing happen to me, it was the ignition tumbler. cost about $500 buck for the dealer to replace. a few months later i ended up doing the push button diy. go figure. you should take it as a sign to further mod your car
    2.8l engine swap, aa supercharger, m50 manifold, ///m cats swap, aa catback, fan delete, cdv delete, ///m roadster shifter, 18" wheels, ///m vaders, push button ignition, bilstiens with h&r sports, clear front and back corners,depo's with thinlines and 6k prolumens

My Cars
    BMW 325i
    actually, I recend my suggestion. If the starter silinoid was jammed, once you stalled they car, the starter would keep spinning

92 325i | 94 Jeep wrangler (Big)