Thread: Warranty extension options?

My Cars
    2001 740IL, 71 de Tomaso Pantera, 09 Mustang GT

Warranty extension options?

The warranty on our 2001IL expires next year. Does anyone have any experience with warranty extensions that would take us up to 100k mileage? Although our IL has been a fantastic car to own I’m not too hot about owning it without some type of warranty. I’ve looked at the new sevens and they are soooooo ugly I can’t image owning one. I thought after a couple of years they might grow on me but time is having an opposite impact! I’m thinking, if I could hang on to the 2001 for a couple more years, BMW will awake from their coma and fire the idiot that designed the thing and come out with a car as beautiful as the 2001 model.

My Cars
    '97 740il (rip LH body)
    lol....i thought the same thing but slowly the e65 and e66's are growing on me...
    1997 E38 740il

My Cars
    2001 740IL, 71 de Tomaso Pantera, 09 Mustang GT
    No one has an extended warranty?

My Cars
    tank
    as Kevlar, he knows a bit about it

My Cars
    '06 Lexus IS350
    I bought one through Great Lakes warranty when I got the car (http://www.greatlakeswarranty.com/) - they've changed their plan structures since then but what they cover is still the same.

Some things they are kinda picky on covering - like the rear window regulators, they only cover the electric motors which of course don't fail. But anytime I've ever had anything that was covered, they've been real good about sending a check out right away.