Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF!!>someone tried to steal my mirrors!

My Cars
    e36 328is,T4R, is250AWD

Angry

I was in home depot pickin up paint w/ my girl and her mom. We went to the car and I didn't even notice until my girlfriend told me that my passenger side mirror was gone. It turns out that it was just hanging by the wire. I got the guy's (or girl's) fingerprints on the glass too, well at least it wasn't taken and sold on e-bay under the heading "M3 mirrors w/out base". I bet it was a riceboy thinking it was a non-powered mirror that he can hook up to his 88 civic
    :

My Cars
    M3, M5

Angry

I am so sorry to hear about that. What happened to you is one of the few things I am paranoid when leaving my M in a parking lot. Too bad we can't run electric current through those mirrors...
    Jeff P
    98 Titanium Silver ///M3
    "AG M3"

My Cars
    E36
    man that's retarded.. sorry to hear

My Cars
    95 M3 S/C
    would it be wrong to place another battery in the trunk an run sum wires to the metal body an leave it like that when u go inside a store.....
    2011 Toyota Highlander (wife)
    2002 X5 4.6is - 225,000 (Dead)
    2001 Toyota 4runner
    1995 S/C M3 - 99,000 miles
    1995 525i - 244,000 miles (sold)
    1999 528iT Touring - 175,000 (sold)
    1992 318is - 325,000 miles (Sold)
    1986 325e - 180,000 (sold)

My Cars
    BMW 530i
    Man alex... im really sorrie to hear that.... things like that REALLY piss me off....

that's y i've been soo hesitant to buy M3 mirrors... cuz of stupid shit like that.

Best wishes man...
    Richard

I was in home depot pickin up paint w/ my girl and her mom. We went to the car and I didn't even notice until my girlfriend told me that my passenger side mirror was gone. It turns out that it was just hanging by the wire. I got the guy's (or girl's) fingerprints on the glass too, well at least it wasn't taken and sold on e-bay under the heading "M3 mirrors w/out base". I bet it was a riceboy thinking it was a non-powered mirror that he can hook up to his 88 civic
    Which part of Jersey did it happen at?

My Cars
    e36 328is,T4R, is250AWD
    Bergen County, The home depot on 17north by Lodi/Hasbeouck Heights/Maywood area.

My Cars
    just an old 328
    Damn.. remind me to stay away from Bergen county.: Sorry bro.. is there any damage to ur car?
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    e36 328is,T4R, is250AWD
    Originally posted by Willy
    Damn.. remind me to stay away from Bergen county.: Sorry bro.. is there any damage to ur car?
    thankfully no damage to body. but the joint between the mirror and mount is chipped, just some touch up would do. Yeah definitely stay away from bergen, especially the malls like Garden State, I got a message from a hater on my windshield saying how my car was crap and shit, whatever. I do have a feeling that it was some kid with a contour svt who worked at the mall, I think he was mad that he went on my list of kills.

I got a message from a hater on my windshield saying how my car was crap and shit

sorry it happen to your car, there is alot of jealous hatters around. especially in the city. be greatful it was just a message and not being keyed. o well i guess i be more careful next time when i drop by Bergen or the Garden state Mall.
    I got a message from a hater on my windshield saying how my car was crap and shit

My Cars
    97 silver 328is
    i had my mirrors stolen 4 times before i slapped some 328 mirrors on. it looks kinda silly but at least nobody steals them anymore. i also had my mouldings stolen twice. i ended up moving but i'm still amazed everyday when i get to my car and everything is still there. people can be real assholes sometimes.

My Cars
    just an old 328
    Originally posted by j.c. estoril
    i had my mirrors stolen 4 times before i slapped some 328 mirrors on. it looks kinda silly but at least nobody steals them anymore. i also had my mouldings stolen twice. i ended up moving but i'm still amazed everyday when i get to my car and everything is still there. people can be real assholes sometimes.

Damn people are ruthless.. tearig apart a BMW like it was scrap parts.. stolen 4 times!! Sit outside with a gun and wait for the bitch. :
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    97 silver 328is

Damn people are ruthless.. tearig apart a BMW like it was scrap parts.. stolen 4 times!! Sit outside with a gun and wait for the bitch. : [/B]
    ya know, i almost sold the //m after the 4th time. i mean, it was happening everywhere i went in queens NY. (don't ever park your car there). and then, to top it off, these goddamn punks would pull up next to me and say "yo i got some m3 mirrors for yo ride". i would just stare at them and tell em "Now i know what you look like so i can tell the cops whose stealin em." with that said, i would drive away hoping they wouldn't shoot me or something.

i had my mirrors stolen 4 times before i slapped some 328 mirrors on. it looks kinda silly but at least nobody steals them anymore. i also had my mouldings stolen twice. i ended up moving but i'm still amazed everyday when i get to my car and everything is still there. people can be real assholes sometimes
    j.c. estoril which part of brooklyn do you live around?
    don't u park your car in a garage? cuz i live in brooklyn and i never park in the streets over night or atleast in my driveway.

let me know maybe we can meet and check out your ride sometimes.

My Cars
    97 silver 328is
    Originally posted by mr sad

j.c. estoril which part of brooklyn do you live around?
    don't u park your car in a garage? cuz i live in brooklyn and i never park in the streets over night or atleast in my driveway.

let me know maybe we can meet and check out your ride sometimes.
    i live in bay ridge. i don't have a garage and parking is a nightmare. i live on 82nd street between 5th and 6th. where are you?

i live in bay ridge. i don't have a garage and parking is a nightmare. i live on 82nd street between 5th and 6th. where are you?
    thats a pretty good neigborhood in brooklyn. i live around bensonhurts not too far from where u are. few minutes from Kmart shopping mall.

but u should try to get a garage cuz peepz from other place come and steal stuff from nice cars.

My Cars
    97 silver 328is
    Originally posted by mr sad

thats a pretty good neigborhood in brooklyn. i live around bensonhurts not too far from where u are. few minutes from Kmart shopping mall.

but u should try to get a garage cuz peepz from other place come and steal stuff from nice cars.
    my freinds g/f lives in bensonhurst. as far as a garage goes, i have a better chance of winning the lotto. i HATE leaving it on the street but i don't really have another choice. my car has little dings on it now from the awesome "crash into it to know how far back you are" parking skills of my fellow bay ridge residents. not to mention all the kids, bikes, and footballs. it's truly breaking my heart. oh well, whaddyagonnado abahdit

i really feel bad for you and your car. yeah it is pretty bad when it come to parking around your neigborhood.
    cuz all the peepz going shoping there.

personally i wouldn't buy a bmw if i don't have a good home for it. when u bought the car didn't u think of it.

i guess it is pretty tuff always worrying about it.

My Cars
    e36 M3
    j.c. I feel for your car...............

going back to the orig post........ Flip (I feel for your car too) , could the suspect merely have knocked the mirror off by accidentally running into it??? Did you get the "message" at the same time? ...I mean if its dangling by wires, theres not much more to taking it.............

(its because of posts like these, that I hate to park in public....but, its better to know that it happens)

Techno V M '98 M3 Coupe

My Cars
    97 silver 328is
    to all those worried about your cars:

if you take a step back for a minute you realize that it still is just a car. yeah they are one of the most awesome machines in the world but i refuse to live my life worrying about it. it just isn't fair to yourself. i have enough on my mind with the daily grind and just making a living, life is too short to stress. it is just a great feeling to own my //m and i appreciate what i have and that's it, no more no less. it's the appreciation of your worldy possessions that make them fun. it's when you get attached to them that you sometimes miss the whole point of even having them.
    Last edited by Canatro; 05-09-2001 at 10:27 AM.

My Cars
    e36 328is,T4R, is250AWD
    Originally posted by j.c. estoril
    to all those worried about your cars:

if you take a step back for a minute you realize that it still is just a car. yeah they are one of the most awesome machines in the world but i refuse to live my life worrying about it. it just isn't fair to yourself. i have enough on my mind with the daily grind and just making a living, life is too short to stress. it is just a great feeling to own my //m and i appreciate what i have and that's it, no more no less. it's the appreciation of your worldy possessions that make them fun. it's when you get attached to them that you sometimes miss the whole point of even having them.
    good point man!

My Cars
    1989 M3, 1991 M5

Stolen M3 Mirrors

Hey man sorry to hear that! Stay away from Hudson county also. I live in North Bergen and I had my mirrors stolen off my m3 twice in less then a month. I'm giving up and placing 328 mirrors instead. I go to G.S. Plaza and it's a headache to think when you come back if you're mirrors are going to be there. I damm the day some a**hole decided their Honda would look good with a BMW mirror. I'm a little bitter but $1400 down the drain would do that to a person. Anyway I'll see on on the Turnpike doing 140 :-)

Christian Ramirez
    YourBimmer.com

My Cars
    96 328is Sprt Pkg
    woah

talk about replying to an OLD post

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    I've got an idea to throw them off!

who wants to help me graft a set of Honda Accord mirrors on my car? that'll scare the bejesus out of'em...who knows, the way these fads start they'll start stealing honda mirrors and leaving us alone.

:

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    M3, 328i
    Flipmode,

Where in Bergen County are you? I'm from Closter.....

Justin
    1997 328i Jet Black (Sold)
    1995 M3 Daytona Violet (SOLD)
    Planning his return to Bimmerdom...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast