Thread: Looking for a REPUTABLE body shop near Tacoma, WA

My Cars
    96 M3

Looking for a REPUTABLE body shop near Tacoma, WA

I recently got a nice wide body kit and I need a reputable body shop to scope out. I live in Tacoma, Wa at the moment, but I am moving to Bremerton in September. I am looking at a few places but I was wondering if anybody on here knew of any places I should look at, opinions welcome/horror stories welcome!
    ///M3 Cc #88

My Cars
    bmw 325i
    post in northwest regional forums - you will get a lot more responses

My Cars
    95 M3, 05 F-150 STX
    Quote Originally Posted by karthalin
    I recently got a nice wide body kit and I need a reputable body shop to scope out. I live in Tacoma, Wa at the moment, but I am moving to Bremerton in September. I am looking at a few places but I was wondering if anybody on here knew of any places I should look at, opinions welcome/horror stories welcome!
    Yes, I can tell you the best shop in the puget sound area is Haury's in Lake City (Northeast Seattle). It's a drive for you, but it's worth it. My car just got completely repainted there, here are pix:

Call 206.365.1565 and ask for Ted Sofianos, tell him Zach with the Avus Blue M3 told you about them. They do all the local BMW CCA cars.

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by neal1st
    post in northwest regional forums - you will get a lot more responses
    Please do not encourage people to make two threads on the same thing. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    potato
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MZG
    Yes, I can tell you the best shop in the puget sound area is Haury's in Lake City (Northeast Seattle). It's a drive for you, but it's worth it. My car just got completely repainted there, here are pix:

Call 206.365.1565 and ask for Ted Sofianos, tell him Zach with the Avus Blue M3 told you about them. They do all the local BMW CCA cars.
    Nice - how much did that run you?

My Cars
    E30 M3
    Remember one thing this kit installed shouldnt run you more than 3 to 5K the most and thats also including a complete paint job .
    I checked at least 4 shops and they all ranged from 3 to 5K .
    Like I P.Md you earlier , keep me posted so I can help you as best as I can .

My Cars
    95 M3, 05 F-150 STX
    Quote Originally Posted by supark
    Nice - how much did that run you?
    there was a lot of body work involved (minor dents and a new door skin)but the total bill was about 6500.

My Cars
    96 M3
    Awsome color mang. I'll give em a call, but $6500 for a paint and some dings is quite a lot. I am planning on doing the car Cosmo Black (which is what it is now) and a body kit install, so paint the car, paint the pieces, and installation from them would run me somewhere near 10G's... I'll give him a call though and I'll see what he says. Thanx for the info!
    ///M3 Cc #88

My Cars
    96 M3
    He qouted me 5-10K (without actualy seeing the car or the kit). I dont wanna spend more than 5K on this install... but I want it done RIGHT... Time to start saving
    ///M3 Cc #88

My Cars
    96 M3
    Queen City Auto Rebuild in Redmond does great work as well. I would assume their pricing is similar to Haury's. I had my bumper repainted there after someone rear ended me, looks incredible.

I was referred to them through numerous Ferrari Club of America members who have had bumpers/panels resprayed.

My Cars
    E30 M3
    He qouted me 5-10K (without actualy seeing the car or the kit). I dont wanna spend more than 5K on this install... but I want it done RIGHT... Time to start saving
    Wow thats way too much , shop around a little .

My Cars
    '88 M3 '05 92x
    There is a place called Salatinos on 56th and Adams, a block or two off of S. Tacoma Way. I hear that theyre the only body shop recommended by BMWNW.

My Cars
    06 M5
    Please scratch Salatinos off your list. The only reason BMW Northwest sends their cars to Salatinos is because the owner is golf buddies with the manager of BMW. Lexus, Infinity, Jaguar, and Volvo all send their cars to Paramount.

Paramount Centre in Fife....Is the place to go. Russ the previous partner at Salatinos left and opened Paramount Centre. He also took along with him the head painter (Adam?? I think was his name). Paramount is also the only BASF authorized paint booth out here. I have had paint and body work done there and they do awesome, incredible work. They are on the spendy side, but once you see their facilities....you'll see why. Let me know if you have any other questions.

http://www.fifecar.com/

My Cars
    740I

Moon Salatino's

Well, I dont know where that information came from about Salatino's, but I do know the owner well....he does not even play golf! Salatino's is BMW authorized which means they go to BMW repair school and use only OEM BMW parts and Glasurit paint...golfing wouldnt qualify!

That guy Russ was never a partner...the guy had to have the owner of Salatino's restore his car!

My Cars
    E39 528iT 5SPD, and a 89 toyota MoonVan LE 4WD.
    Tom at Alpine collision highway 7 and about 235th. Has done great work for me and my dad in the past.

Puget Sound, WA - San Juan MM Philippines
    My Cars
    97 M-Technic 328i * 06 Navigator * 08 C350
    I know the PNW FAQ thread has primarily Seattle/Eastside shops in it right now, but Haury's, Queen City, and any of the Eastside shops do Highline/Exotics on a regular basis, so you know they would take great care of you.

Body kits are insanely difficult to get right. I would go to a shop that has done a lot. Queen City is awesome too - they did my buddy's Boser hood on his GTI - custom welding, bodywork and paint for it and it was only $1600 for all (custom creation!).

It sounds like you have a couple great recommendations for shops in the south-end. For those guys who made those recommendations, will you post in this thread so I can update it? Also you can look here for a list of shops.

PNW - FAQ, Local Info, & Events Calendar