Thread: know any sources for new cat?

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2001 X5

know any sources for new cat?

Found my exhaust to be completely rusted out from the manifold back. Now I know why my performance has gone to shit. Anyone know the best place to buy a new catalytic converter?

My Cars
    Elise, Evora, NSX,Z4
    Quote Originally Posted by jetblack1
    Found my exhaust to be completely rusted out from the manifold back. Now I know why my performance has gone to shit. Anyone know the best place to buy a new catalytic converter?

local muffler shop

My Cars
    Hellrot
    sale of used cats is illegal by shops, only at the dealership, or through hookups

My Cars
    Elise, Evora, NSX,Z4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin95Red325i
    sale of used cats is illegal by shops, only at the dealership, or through hookups

what are you talking about mang? he asked about new ones

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2001 X5
    Yeah, I just want to avoid paying like $600 or more for this stupid chunk of metal. I have seen one on ebay that is supposedly "OEM" for $309. That's my best prospect yet.

My Cars
    Hellrot
    my bad, those dirty cock a rochas at the dealer want a 1k+ for a new one and no one else sells them new, and I don't think ebay will have new ones either.

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2001 X5
    This is the one I am looking at. eBay Catalytic converter I guess no one else knows where I can pick one up? I emailed this guy and asked him to verify if true BMW part, with part number. Anyone have the part number for a 1993 325i cat from BMW?

My Cars
    Elise, Evora, NSX,Z4
    dude, just get a universal one, should be more than 100 - 150 installed

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2001 X5
    Universal, eh? Anyone on this forum actually running one of these? How bad do they suck? How will I bolt on my exhaust from the other end of the cat? Sounds like it might be more trouble than the savings are worth.

My Cars
    97 Silver 328i, S52
    Universal, eh? Anyone on this forum actually running one of these? How bad do they suck? How will I bolt on my exhaust from the other end of the cat? Sounds like it might be more trouble than the savings are worth.
    I had a universal high flow cat installed by a muffler shop on my civic for 130 bucks... better flow than stock. They basically just made a replica of the stock piece with higher flow cats...

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2001 X5
    And there are no problems passing inspection or smog? I know the O2 is upstream of the cats, but I thought it would still matter. I guess I'm just not with it enough here. I'm going to talk to an exhaust shop tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions.

My Cars
    97 Silver 328i, S52
    And there are no problems passing inspection or smog? I know the O2 is upstream of the cats, but I thought it would still matter. I guess I'm just not with it enough here. I'm going to talk to an exhaust shop tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Do they do an actual smog test in NY? All I've ever had was a visual inspection... Before I got the high flow cats on my civic, I had crushed the ceramic thing in the cat and gutted them out. I went back to cats when I got lightheaded sitting at traffic lights.