Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Newbie needs help with 745i phone

My Cars
    02 745i

Newbie needs help with 745i phone

Hello, I have the connection in my 02 745i. I was told to buy a Motorola V60. I already have a Cingular gsm phone. Can I just get any V60i GSM phone and swap out my sim card and that should work or do I have to pick up a BMW model? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    Any unlocked V60gi should work with your Cingular SIM. There's no BMW proprietary phones AFAIK...

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    02 745i
    Awesome thanks, I'll check around ebay.

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    No problem. I'm still not sure why they told you to buy a V60, there are some more Motorola models that have the same pinout (like the T720).

the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    02 745i
    well I called my local dealer today and gave them my vin# to find out when my car was born. They said that the day was 01/02, he told me that I can only use the CPT8000. Is this true? I'd really like to take advantage of the phone feature. Can I still use the T720? Is that GSM? Thanks again!

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    Oh, yes... the CPT8000 is a BMW phone. And the CPT9000.

I'm not completely sure but if I understand correctly, what they're telling you is that your car only has the connector for the CPT8000 phone and not the connector for the V60 which is the same for the CPT9000 phone.

I'm going to tow this to the Car Audio & Electronics forum. I really don't know much about this, I hope you get some more info from the other members there.