Thread: is there a fuse for the headlight buzzer

My Cars
    z3 2.8

is there a fuse for the headlight buzzer

the headlight buzzer was operating normally (lights on,car off, drivers door open, keys out of the ignition) when suddenly it sounding abnormal ...a stuttering sound as if it got stabbed a couple times.. then it died

is there a fuse?
    Last edited by rayray; 05-23-2005 at 08:39 PM.

My Cars
    No more BMWs :(
    I don't ahve an answer for you, but if you find an easy way to disable the buzzer, please post it. I hate that thing!
    997 Carrera 2S..the choice of 2 out of 3 Top Gear presenters.

My Cars
    02 SC430 99 R6
    Island, do I have good news for you. The buzzer is on the drivers side center console. Its the vent looking thing that is right near your knee. If you can undo the driver's side console side (remove the two screws and gently pull back and becareful of the vent for your feet), you'll see a big round thing, with two or three connectors going into it. One of them is for the buzz for the headlights and other is the tone for leaving your door open with the keys in. I pulled both and love it. I can work on my car and leave the door open and listen to music vs listening to that chime....

Greatest mod yet.

Ken 99R6
    99 //Mcoupe

My Cars
    02 SC430 99 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Stygar
    The headlight buzzer is located inside the instrument cluster.
    Hah hah... I was like, wait.... that can't be right as I haven't heard my buzzer since I found that door chime thingy... So I went to go check.. and I guess I never set off my buzzer anymore as it was loud and clear.

So correction: Island, let me know if you find a good way to disable that thing... =) But the door chime is way more anoying.

Ken 99R6
    99 //MCoupe

My Cars
    No more BMWs :(
    haha...thanks for trying though. the door chime bugs me too...so maybe i'll pull the plug on it.
    997 Carrera 2S..the choice of 2 out of 3 Top Gear presenters.

My Cars
    z3 2.8
    thanks ron for the visuals, probably too much work for a sound most would rather not have. i think ill leave it up to my extended warranty.. same with my goddam windows

My Cars
    98 BMW Z3 2.8 Individual, 06 Xterra 4x4
    The buzzer is certainly unique. The look on a passengers face when it goes off is great. "What the H3ll is that" is almost the first thing after 'the look'. It sounds like no other.

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Individual Santorinblau II (327) with DINAN CAI and Stage II

My Cars
    z3 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by skidder
    The buzzer is certainly unique. The look on a passengers face when it goes off is great. "What the H3ll is that" is almost the first thing after 'the look'. It sounds like no other.
    lol, the sound is also something you don't expect from a bmw

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3
    Ron, you never cease to amaze me......

I'm still waiting for the question that you don't have an answer for, complete with fully-annotated photos and BMW docs....

;^)

My Cars
    1998 Z3
    Hello,

If you did manage to locate the fuse for the buzzer/ door chime, please let me know which one it is.
    I have some sort of short and there is a noise like static coming from the buzzer/ chime speaker.
    I would like to pull the fuse to confirm my diagnosis and before driving for service or attempting to locate the short.

Thank you

Gary

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L 5MT
    Picking up on a thread dead for 14 years is not likely to get any of the original participants.
    But I would say that if your buzzer or chime is making noise, its fuse is giving it power.
    BMW MOA 696, BMW CCA 1405