Thread: Monaco GP Practice

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Monaco GP Practice

Monaco GP - FREE PRACTICE
    05/19/2005

Weather: sunny, dry, 23-26°C Air, 31-47°C Track
    Monte Carlo (MCO). It was a trouble-free first day to the Monaco Grand Prix weekend for the BMW WilliamsF1 Team drivers Mark Webber and Nick Heidfeld, who set the 12th and 16th fastest times respectively in today's Free Practice sessions.

Nick Heidfeld:
    Chassis: FW27 06 (Spare car FW27 04) / BMW P84/5 engine: 2nd GP
    1st Practice: 7th (1:18.244 min)
    2nd Practice: 16th (1.17.667 min)
    It was a good Thursday here, and we had no technical problems. It was good fun running on this outstanding circuit. Unfortunately, in the second session I didn't get in a clean lap in the end, due to many yellow flags. More importantly, we got all of our work done and we managed to do a lot of laps, which will help in our tyre decision, to be taken before Saturday.

Mark Webber:
    Chassis: FW27 05 / BMW P84/5 engine: 2nd GP
    1st Practice: 11th (1:18.859 min)
    2nd Practice: 12th (1:17.422 min)
    It was a pretty good day of running for us and we got through everything we had planned. We managed to do quite a lot of laps with both cars which is good. We are having a day off tomorrow so we'll have more time to look at the data and take the right decision, especially with regards to our tyre choice together with our partners Michelin. In general we are doing ok, we just need to find a bit more pace.

Sam Michael (Technical Director, WilliamsF1):
    We spent the day doing our regular homework for the race - evaluating the different tyres, checking brakes for temperatures and doing the normal engine cooling checks. We made several changes to the cars during the sessions and have improved the set-up. Saturday will be spent working finding some more improvements for the race. We have also brought some new aerodynamic parts for this race which appear to be working well.

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director):
    Both the drivers concentrated today on the tyre choice and managed to run six and ten timed laps in a row, under race conditions. Beside this, we worked on adapting traction control in lower revs conditions. Through the narrow streets of Monaco, we use lower revs than anywhere else. The third issue that we worked on today were the temperatures, which due to the lower average speeds here in Monaco, we clearly reach hotter water temperatures than on other faster circuits.

Courtesy of BMW NA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    MANY TO LIST
    Too bad Nascar is taking over Speed channel. The stupid race from last Sunday took over 30 minutes from the live practice session.
    Road racing addict.

Juker008 don't send pm soliciting or advertising, against forum rules!!

My Cars
    '96 318ti, '15 Focus ST
    was anyone else pissed that the Nextel race spilled over to the F1 practice coverage by about 20 minutes?!? grrrrrr....
    BMWMOFO C6MPACT

My Cars
    Ferrari 360
    ahh monaco...what an awesome course. can't wait to see this one on sunday.
    2000 Ferrari 360
    2004 Yamaha R1
    2007 Porsche 911 C2S Cabrio
    2017 VW Jetta (DD)

1995 M3 (SOLD HELP ME FIND IT TO REBUY)
    1998 740IL (Sold)
    2003 x5 4.6is (Sold)

My Cars
    '91 E34 M5, '89 325i, '00 Saab 9-5 Wagon
    You are free to start your own NASCAR free channel...too bad it won't be profitable.

My Cars
    MANY TO LIST
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWRacerITS
    You are free to start your own NASCAR free channel...too bad it won't be profitable.
    Sure about that? Between race replays (more than once), Nascar nation, Nascar 360, Nascar practice, qualifying, Nextel cup revisited (2004 races), Hooters cup, and more, you can have a fully dedicated Nascar channel. I think this country is ready for that.
    I hope it comes true, so we don't have to put up with that, and watch some races from all over the world instead.
    BTW, go Alonso!
    Road racing addict.

My Cars
    Sienna
    I believe he meant a channel without Nascar.
    NASA Fanboy

My Cars
    1995 S/C 540i/6spd 4.4L...1990 535i/5spd
    Thanks Kevlar.Just got new background.

My Cars
    94 Supra TT
    so is this race going to be on SPEED this time, or CBS again?

My Cars
    2001 Porsche 911 Turbo
    Yeah I want to know as well. CBS hopefully cause it is usually at a more reasonable time instead of O'Early thirty!
    -Alex

"The noblest of ideas have always been protected by warriors."

My Cars
    MANY TO LIST
    My bad. Yeah, a channel without NASCAR won't be making much money, but at least show something else. I'd like to know if the ratings for the Nascar Nation show are equal or better than Wind Tunnel show from last year.
    The race is on Speed this Sunday. You get to pick what time.
    For the real hardcore fan starts at 7:30am ET live. You can sleep in, and watch it later at 11:30am ET. Check you local listings for details.
    I'll be at the track myself, so I'll watch it later at night.
    Go Alonso!
    Road racing addict.

My Cars
    '91 E34 M5, '89 325i, '00 Saab 9-5 Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by BETO
    I'd like to know if the ratings for the Nascar Nation show are equal or better than Wind Tunnel show from last year.
    At one time I heard that the numbers for anything having to do with Nextel Cup (old Winston Cup) superceded anything else on Speed TV.

My Cars
    1995 S/C 540i/6spd 4.4L...1990 535i/5spd
    Thank goodness Ralph is OK.Nasty hit.And "Icman" was spectacular.

My Cars
    '97 M3,
    At one time I heard that the numbers for anything having to do with Nextel Cup (old Winston Cup) superceded anything else on Speed TV.

That's what I've heard as well. While I no longer find anything interesting on Speed during the week (unique whips doesn't do if for me either - and NASCAR Nation is really just Entertainment tonight for NASCAR - wouldn't watch it no matter what type of motorsport it covered), I'm pretty thankful that someone at speed uses all that NASCAR money to bring us stuff like the 6hrs of Mont Tremblant I am now watching.

...it is a little annoying though having a replayed race cut into something else. I've learned to set the Tivo for all my F1Decade, F1 Practice/Qual, Inside Grand Prix, etc for the second showing after midnight when they sync back up the schedules.

I miss stuff like RPM tonight on ESPN

My Cars
    MANY TO LIST
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrooom
    That's what I've heard as well. While I no longer find anything interesting on Speed during the week (unique whips doesn't do if for me either - and NASCAR Nation is really just Entertainment tonight for NASCAR - wouldn't watch it no matter what type of motorsport it covered), I'm pretty thankful that someone at speed uses all that NASCAR money to bring us stuff like the 6hrs of Mont Tremblant I am now watching.

...it is a little annoying though having a replayed race cut into something else. I've learned to set the Tivo for all my F1Decade, F1 Practice/Qual, Inside Grand Prix, etc for the second showing after midnight when they sync back up the schedules.

I miss stuff like RPM tonight on ESPN
    I hate all that Nascar crap, and most of the other shows suck as well (Unique sh!t&, and build or bust). I can't watch Speed during the week, even after midnight they show crap, they used to show european races.
    Wasn't Dave Despain in RPM Tonight?
    Road racing addict.

My Cars
    E36 M3 Evolution, Me
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz2
    "Iceman" was spectacular.

Wasn't he just! (added the 'e' for you too )