Thread: Forza Motorsport Drift Setups!

My Cars
    97 E36M3 S54

Arrow Forza Motorsport Drift Setups!

If you have any good setups or tips on setting cars up in forza motorsport to drift please post them! I've been trying very hard to get a RWD car to drift well but it's just not happening.

My AWD 22B STI drifts very well though! All you have to do on the AWD cars is have atleast 400 HP and set the mid-diff's torque to 75% front and they drift GREAT!

How can I get my turbo RX-7 to drift well? It will drift OK but after a point it's impossible to stop the rear from coming around and spinning out

My Cars
    98 cosmos M3, 98 332
    I've just fully modified my RX7, and am having the same problem.

Therefore, bump for you.

-chris

Mustaches For Kids 2008
    www.m4knc.com

dunski is offline .........................
    My Cars
    VW
    The guide tells you perfectly.

Tires : General rule of thumb is better grip with less pressure in the tires, but don
    't overdo it.

Gearing: Tune the final drive ratio for quickest acceleration

Alignment: Increase your negative camber to increase your grip while cornering (this comes at the expense of straight-line grip.)

Toe and Caster: Set a positive toe with a negative caster to increase the car's ability to turn and follow a curve. Works even better when coupled with negative or slightly negatvie camber.

Anti-roll: Don't stiffen the bars too much, or high cornering will cause one side of the car to lift off the road.

Springs: Adjuts ride height to lowest setting for lowest center of gravity and best handling. Stiffen springs for better handling in corners.

Damping: Adjustments should be done very specific to track surface conditions or uniformity.

Areo: Benefits are speed dependant; you have to go very fast for increased front downforce to help the car carve through the corners.

Braking: Slalom racers need highly tuned brakes.

Differential: Set both settings on high to allow more aggressive acceleration/deceleration

*On the differential, I set mine to 75% to the front like stated above.

I did this on mine Lancer Evo FQ-330, fully modded. 600+hp
    I found Maple Valley Raceway II to be the best for drifting, the car really gets loose and you go all over the track.

Hope this helps, and later tonight I'll try this with my RX-7.

My Cars
    81 323i
    and turning off those traction control things work well too
    -Josh

My Cars
    2013 Subayota FR-Z
    I just turned TCS on since I've been racing a lot with my NSX, and it helps me do controlled drifts much better. You still lose plenty of traction, but just not to the spinning out point....unless you're really bad with car control.

l