Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was umnitza a good choice?

My Cars
    2006 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by 045synoT
    yea....steve is awesome. that's why E36B has been waiting two months.
    Damn dude, easy on the personal attack. We are trying the best we can. It is all done now. Sheesh. Nobody's perfect. But we have it all taken care of now.

BTW- I have shipped at least 7 sets of Velocity Splitters today.

I never pretend to be perfect, I just strive the best I can be. No more no less.
    Got a new bimmer. 2006 e90. 330i. More to come. First big boy car.

My Cars
    --97 SC'd ///M3--04 ///M3 VERT--07 ESCALADE--
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hamilton
    Damn dude, easy on the personal attack. We are trying the best we can. It is all done now. Sheesh. Nobody's perfect. But we have it all taken care of now.

BTW- I have shipped at least 7 sets of Velocity Splitters today.

I never pretend to be perfect, I just strive the best I can be. No more no less.

-zkw- -hella- -bosch- -depo- -prolumen- -kwd- -bbs- -predator chromium- -predator ice- -simota- -ecis-

//-install guides-//-total lighting group buy-//-zkw group buy-// -exhaust group buy-//-ellipsoids+hid group buy-//-led tails group buy-//

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 328i
    Guys - I am partially to blame. I did promise Matt that I would be shipping him the Splitters on the day we agreed but I delayed (lack of internal company communication). Matt sent me several emails asking where the shipment was but I didn't get back to him for a couple of days. I don't know the whole story but you can blame MaxVelocity for the delay of Velocity Splitter shipments.

I apologize to all involved!

Sincerely,
    Roman
    - Roman

My Cars
    '96 318ti, '15 Focus ST
    hey steve, i was just wondering when you will get the DEPO ellipsoids in stock and shipped out?
    BMWMOFO C6MPACT

My Cars
    2006 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by JedzE36/5
    hey steve, i was just wondering when you will get the DEPO ellipsoids in stock and shipped out?
    Rumor around the campfire says 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. THen we'll be shipping.

Soooooo, they will be primed and ready to go at that time.

I think they will be the ones like my DEPOs not the junky old ones.

My Cars
    E46
    So they'll be the non OEM looking DEPO's....lol, I'm happy I have the "junky old ones" that actually look like ZKW's. You guys are something else.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    He's referring to the OEM US lights, which are indeed junky.

My Cars
    '96 318ti, '15 Focus ST
    Rumor around the campfire says 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. THen we'll be shipping.

Soooooo, they will be primed and ready to go at that time.

ok good deal. but hey when do you plan on working on the intake or is it already in to the design process? i would much rather buy an intake from someone i know (from the boards at least) than from a company that makes those 'eBay' intakes.
    BMWMOFO C6MPACT

My Cars
    04' 330ci ZHP, 96 BMW 328is(sold)
    OH dear god could this be another problem?? the weight is only 3 lbs should be at least 20 for headlights right? im hoping its a typo....

Delivery location
    Doylestown, PA

Service type
    Home Delivery-Signature Delivery

Pieces

Weight
    3.0 lbs

At least they shipped something this time.
    -if its not a bimmer why bother driving it !

2004 330ci ZHP - stock .....for now
    1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    guess ill find out tomm

1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Austin,

This is Matt. We spoke on the phone today.
    I again can't apologize enough and we'll handle your setup immediately!

My Cars
    hey, yea thats ok. Im glad you were very understanding about the whole situation. i dont mean to give your company any negative remarks/feedback. I was just worried nothing would get done, but im sure that is not the story now.. Hopefully we can get this fixed!

thanks for all the help,

Austin

1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    Racecar
    umnitza has always been able to answer my questions, very helpful, however steve hamilton is another story. I went to his shop iin hopes to pick up an M50 manifold. I went to the counter, waited 5-10 minutes, nobody said anything to me, maybe because I'm a kid, whatever uncalled for. Then I thought maybe it was a help yourself pick and pull so I went around the back, and one of the mechs asked what I was doing back there, not "hey, can I help you find something" or "hey actually you get the parts inside" he just said "what are you doing back there" I said looking for an M50 manifold, he said go inside. I waited another 5 minutes, no service so I left and plan not to return...as well as advise people not to go there.

My Cars
    --97 SC'd ///M3--04 ///M3 VERT--07 ESCALADE--
    steve's shop? where? when? are you talking about bavarian recyclers shop?
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky579
    umnitza has always been able to answer my questions, very helpful, however steve hamilton is another story. I went to his shop iin hopes to pick up an M50 manifold. I went to the counter, waited 5-10 minutes, nobody said anything to me, maybe because I'm a kid, whatever uncalled for. Then I thought maybe it was a help yourself pick and pull so I went around the back, and one of the mechs asked what I was doing back there, not "hey, can I help you find something" or "hey actually you get the parts inside" he just said "what are you doing back there" I said looking for an M50 manifold, he said go inside. I waited another 5 minutes, no service so I left and plan not to return...as well as advise people not to go there.

-zkw- -hella- -bosch- -depo- -prolumen- -kwd- -bbs- -predator chromium- -predator ice- -simota- -ecis-

//-install guides-//-total lighting group buy-//-zkw group buy-// -exhaust group buy-//-ellipsoids+hid group buy-//-led tails group buy-//

My Cars
    1997 hooptie

doesn't sound too bad to me. you waited 15 minutes and left. he wasn't being rude, people aren't allowed back there so he's just making sure of that while the other person was out?

My Cars
    04 M3 vert
    nothing but good service from Umnitza. Im not suprised that bussiness is slammed............i will def continue to business with Umnitza in the future.

After reading this thread, im not convinced that i should take my business elsewhere......all this thread has taught me is to be a little more patient when ordering parts from a growing business, and when i do order to make sure that my parts are in stock........if you do that, i think you will be happy with your purchase and their customer service............oh yeah the other thing i learned---alot complaints seem to come from the "bargain brand" priducts that have quality control issues(this is just a guess). is that really 100% umnitzas fault?? or did you get what you payed for?? both vendor and consumer should learn from this. must be tough to be slammed for business, busy shipping and recieving, and also dealing with customer satisfaction of products that are supllied by someone else, im sure it can be overwelming if you dont have the personel. Your not exactly dealing with a big conglomerate, you have to be patient when it comes to performance parts for a small market, there will be quality control issues, there will be back orders, and they will be expensive, but that is true anywhere you shop for parts...........had any luck shopping for mods at wallmart?

My Cars
    Racecar
    Quote Originally Posted by habbie
    steve's shop? where? when? are you talking about bavarian recyclers shop?

this was maybe 2 months ago, in sacramento, steve's shop, there was plenty of people inside the shop, but they ignored me. I said I'm looking for a m50 manifold and they just looked at me.

sorry for the rant, but since people were saying his service was so good, I thought I'd put in my .02

I'm sure he was there too, his 318 was out front

My Cars
    BART
    Quote Originally Posted by m thrizl
    oh yeah the other thing i learned---alot complaints seem to come from the "bargain brand" priducts that have quality control issues(this is just a guess).
    Not true. I bought ZKW's and my existing HID bulbs didn't fit. Luckily I live not too far and brought it back for them to dremel the insides. I had the Dj Auto headlights for a month before the ZKW's and the bulbs fit fine. Reason I bought the ZKW was the Dj Auto's aim was so off. Brought them back to Umnitza and no one knew wtf was wrong so I bought ZKW's. So I opened up the DJ auto and saw that the adjustment screw was completely undone and fixed it.

I'm not entirely sure the point of this post but just sharing my experience with Umnitza. It's not only the "bargain brand" products that have problems.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Wait, Jon, your story is a confirmation of what mthrizl said. You bought a DJ Auto headlight we tried to fix for you on 2 separate occassion.

So, when you bought ZKWs, you had no issues save the exact same one that everyone has in general - some bulbs fit perfectly, some don't. Some bulbs fit one headlight, and not another. It's just variations in mfg
    We try to help as best we can when we can.

My Cars
    1991 318is parts car

umnitza is lame

i ordered my set of DDE predators over a month ago and recieved them several weeks later. i waited patiently because i keep hearing of "growing pains", "bimmerfest", and "moving to a new location".

after recieving my headlights it took another week to recieve the lamin-x sheets (after emails). also during this whole time im waiting for the rest of my headlights (missing protective cover) and brought it to Umnitza's attention (emails).

after several emails later, (some asking for my address to send the missing piece, although it was in email that was continously emailed back and forth including the actual order) i was assured that it would be sent out week after week, resent and what not.

today my order is still not complete. i didnt expect to recieve my headlight in portions. i didnt sign up for lay away either.

whats the deal?

My Cars
    2006 330i
    this was maybe 2 months ago, in sacramento, steve's shop, there was plenty of people inside the shop, but they ignored me. I said I'm looking for a m50 manifold and they just looked at me.

sorry for the rant, but since people were saying his service was so good, I thought I'd put in my .02

I'm sure he was there too, his 318 was out front
    I don't remember this. I may have been there, but one thing to keep in mind, the people at the counter take 150+ phone calls per day and answer another 100 emails. If they ignored you, it wasn't on purpose.

As for that being 'Steve Hamilton's shop' it's far from it. Did you ask for me? I would have helped you if I was there and available.

I don't ignore anyone. I may have not been at the counter at that time. Don't get it twisted, I am not the shop owner, I was merely the online sales guy. If you want to talk more about it, PM me, don't try and bash me on the forums. Not that I really care if you do, but it's not cool to not tell the whole story.

I can tell you that B.A.R. does sell all of the M50 intakes to a place that buys them in bulk.

Back on subject 'the junky ones' are the stock ones. The OEM ZKW replicas are really nice. We have had no issues with the

My Cars
    2006 330i
    BTW- A side note, I never blow anyone off on account of thier age. I am not that old and I have been age discriminated against. You can ask anyone that has met me, I am not a jerk (At least I don't think I am, and nobody has said I am).

My Cars
    Boring E36
    Steve hasnt worked at Bav recycling for a while now... When I went there he hooked me up real good
    U MAD?

My Cars
    6 pots, 2 snails
    Quote Originally Posted by LWRNCE
    Steve hasnt worked at Bav recycling for a while now... When I went there he hooked me up real good
    when was my move lawrence? it had to have been more than 2 months ago... and it was after steve's last day at BAR

Originally Posted by m3fuz:The sock represents all that is OT - filthy, sweaty, smelly, a bit retarded, but you just want to envelop yourself in it. Beware the sock.

My Cars
    Boring E36
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoastBias
    when was my move lawrence? it had to have been more than 2 months ago... and it was after steve's last day at BAR
    Yeah... Steve isnt old I thought he was younger than me when I met him and I am 47
    U MAD?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast