Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was umnitza a good choice?

My Cars
    04' 330ci ZHP, 96 BMW 328is(sold)

Was umnitza a good choice?

I ordered DEPO's for my E36 about a month and a half ago or so. I got them in and installed them, the next night i realizes that one of the AE rings was half burnt out so after exchanging some emails back and forth they agreed to take my lights back and install "their" AE rings for a reasonable price. When they would get my lights they would charge my C.C and send them back. So i sent them back 2 weeks ago and shot them an email yesterday asking what the status of my headlights are. They replied and said they havnt cashed my check yet (i never sent one). It seems like im not gonna be getting my lights back for a while and hopefully they can figure out whats going on with my lights.
    Last edited by E36Bimmer; 05-11-2005 at 01:00 PM.
    -if its not a bimmer why bother driving it !

2004 330ci ZHP - stock .....for now
    1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    Wuper Tuper Fuper
    Would it not be more helpful to call Matt directly?

Typically, in situations like these, I like to CALL rather than send emails. I am sure they get hundreds of emails .. and your's can get lost in the process.

Good luck

My Cars
    OK well i called them and talked to steve. He said that they shipped them out on friday of last week so hopefully ill get them on this friday. ill update and get some pics up when they are installed.
    Last edited by E36Bimmer; 05-11-2005 at 03:35 PM.

1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    6 pots, 2 snails
    Quote Originally Posted by E36Bimmer
    OK well i called them and talked to steve. He said that they shipped them out on friday of last week so hopefully ill get them on this friday. ill update and get some pics up when they are installed.
    steve is a good guy, he'll make sure you're set up right

Originally Posted by m3fuz:The sock represents all that is OT - filthy, sweaty, smelly, a bit retarded, but you just want to envelop yourself in it. Beware the sock.

My Cars
    Mmm
    make sure you get the tracking number by phone and that you track the package personally yourself. I used to work in ecommerce and fielded phone calls everyday. I can tell what I can get away with right then and there based on how you sound on the phone. If you're a pushover and willing to believe anything I tell you, I'm going to tell you it was shipped Friday and hope the warehouse actually does ship it sometime soon so that when you call back 2 weeks later, I'll actually have a tracking number for you.

Im not saying umnitza runs his gig like this, but hey its an easy way to blow off a customer and focus on some sales (which brings in $$ while customer complaints only are a pain in the ass). A tracking number takes several seconds to pull up - we mickey moused it back then and didn't even have an internal database of tracking numbers. We would simply access UPS website, type in our shipper account number, and type in your order # as a ref. # and pull up whatever information was available.

Another thing to note - internet fraud is pretty easy to get away with. Customer complaints really dont cause sales to drop. With umnitza's aggressive marketing, brand awareness, competitor attacks, and claimed lowest pricing, he will continue to get sales even if some customers are unhappy. Im not saying he's engaging in fraud, I'm just saying that through the internet, you can get away with not having 100% customer satisfaction.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Agree with some of what you said, but you are dead wrong about the internet and the 100% satisfaction.

We are not an internet company - we have sales from walk ins, dealership referrals, and many many other avenues.

The Internet is just a tool.

We also do NOT run the business like this normally, this is just a bad stretch of growing pains that most companies don't have displayed on the internet for all to see.

My Cars
    I included a return service label in the box so im going to check the tracking number now.

1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    OK i just checked the tracking number and it shows the package has not been shipped . also my credit card was not charged yet from them So either they did not ship it and lied to me, or shipped them back using their own label and didnt charge me.

1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    97 F150, 98 M3/4/5
    well that doesnt make sense. he replies, but doesnt addressyour inquiry??
    1997 Black F150 SCab
    2005 Black LS430 (wife's)
    2001 Blue GS430
    trust is earned, not given

My Cars
    yea....i dunno

1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    potato
    yikes... again, glad I went with understeer with my lights

best of luck with your issues with this company

My Cars
    yes hopefully they will respond to my latest post.

1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    6 pots, 2 snails
    yes hopefully they will respond to my latest post.
    call and see if you cant get hold of steve. he's a really great guy and suberb customer service... he was one of only two people i'd deal with at bavarian auto recyclers; and the catalyst for my decision to order from umnitza rather than another company.

he'll do his best to figure out what happened, or how best to help you get what you want at this point.

Originally Posted by m3fuz:The sock represents all that is OT - filthy, sweaty, smelly, a bit retarded, but you just want to envelop yourself in it. Beware the sock.

My Cars
    Mmm
    OK i just checked the tracking number and it shows the package has not been shipped . also my credit card was not charged yet from them So either they did not ship it and lied to me, or shipped them back using their own label and didnt charge me.
    Simple explanation for this. Your package was received by them, they processsed an RMA on it, and now its chillin waiting behind a ton of new orders of other customers that need to be fulfilled first. The problem with RMAs are that you're placed last in the food chain - new customers get priority because umnitza is trying to please them by giving them a short shipping time. RMAs, on the other hand, don't really matter because you're already unhappy anyways, what's the point of trying to get it out ASAP to you? They have your money, might as well concentrate on making the new customers happy.

Whenever your business expands faster than your existing structure, more things fall through the loops and more efficient business models must be introduced. Our company experienced the same thing - we experienced a 30% increase in sales MONTHLY. More sales, more complaints. Company needed to relocate to a bigger warehouse, more full time warehouse employees, more sales reps on the phone, more hours in the office. Im sure within a couple of months umnizta's gig will be a lot more efficient, it's just the customers lost during this period can really tarnish his brand name. He's not going to address your issues specifically, at least in the public, or else its like giving you a promise that he has to fulfill. First thing we learned was NEVER PROMISE ANYONE because you know what, they're gonna call back and give you crap for not coming through. Best response is always "I'll try my best for you, I'll do my best."

My Cars
    hmm im gonna give them another call and see whats going on, i hate being patient lol.

1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    E36 M3's and E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by stupenal
    Simple explanation for this. Your package was received by them, they processsed an RMA on it, and now its chillin waiting behind a ton of new orders of other customers that need to be fulfilled first. The problem with RMAs are that you're placed last in the food chain - new customers get priority because umnitza is trying to please them by giving them a short shipping time. RMAs, on the other hand, don't really matter because you're already unhappy anyways, what's the point of trying to get it out ASAP to you? They have your money, might as well concentrate on making the new customers happy.

Whenever your business expands faster than your existing structure, more things fall through the loops and more efficient business models must be introduced. Our company experienced the same thing - we experienced a 30% increase in sales MONTHLY. More sales, more complaints. Company needed to relocate to a bigger warehouse, more full time warehouse employees, more sales reps on the phone, more hours in the office. Im sure within a couple of months umnizta's gig will be a lot more efficient, it's just the customers lost during this period can really tarnish his brand name. He's not going to address your issues specifically, at least in the public, or else its like giving you a promise that he has to fulfill. First thing we learned was NEVER PROMISE ANYONE because you know what, they're gonna call back and give you crap for not coming through. Best response is always "I'll try my best for you, I'll do my best."
    Sad but true Once they got your money, you're on the crap list, if something goes wrong with your order.. I know Matt will come through, I hope

My Cars
    yea i hope he figures out whats goin on with my order I would really like to install them before summer is over =P

1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    Many

Umnitza- WORST company I have ever dealt with

A brief timeline of the worst customer service i've ever experienced:

December 19, 2004-
    I order the Z3 halo kit, and pay for overnight shipping (wanted kit by xmas)

December 20, 2004-
    I get a tracking number that is not registered with fedex

December 27, 2004-
    I get informed they are out of the parts needed to make my kit

January 9, 2005-
    I finally get my kit (good quality, i must say)

January 10, 2005-
    I'm installing it and break a halo

January 11, 2005-
    They overnight a new halo to me (the ONE time I was happy with their service)

March 29, 2005-
    Headlights removed to smoke the corners, another halo breaks
    I call Umnitza to have one ring overnighted to me.
    I am informed they only sell a 'repair kit' consisting of 2 rings for $60
    I unwillingly pay the $60 plus $5 for overnighting

April 10, 2005-
    I haven't recieved them yet. They give me another tracking number that doesn't register.

April 11, 2005-
    I call them and Matt informs me that they cannot give me my order because their supplier and them are not on good terms any more. He offers my money back

April 25, 2005-
    Matt says he found a ring in his office that will work with my setup and offers to send it to me. I agree, satisfied.

Today, May 19, 2005 (almost 1 month later)-

I HAVE NOT RECIEVED THE RING OR MY $65 BACK VIA PAYPAL

After all of the bad stuff I've read about umnitza, I can't believe I fell into the trap too. I think bimmerforums should seriously reconsider who they want as their 'supporting' vendors

My Cars
    2K M Roady, '86 944T
    Wow that sucks. I almost went through the same deal, but luckily I was able to install my basics correctly. They were going to charge me a good 40 dollars for replacement rings, which makes me think, are ballasts really in the price range of 60 dollars? I feel that the kit I bought could of easily been had for a good 40 dollars. Even the ebay CCFL kits at around 70 dollars were better quality/more flexible/more protective then the basics.

Rob - 2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster | 1986 Porsche 944 5.3L LM4

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan (Sold)
    I'm sorry to here about that. I've ordered a few things from Matt and have had a completely opposite experience, great service and fast shipment. I know he may not win your future business, but I'm sure he'll make this current situation right. I know they've been through a lot lately with moving and expanding, but you should still be taken care of. Good luck and I hope everything works out.

My Cars
    vhg
    Any news yet or you still waiting? Hope you got your stuff.

My Cars
    nothing yet, I called and they said last friday they would go out that day so hopefully today ill get them

1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars

OK Umnitza where's my stuff??

Well I ordered DEPO's for my E36 about a month and a half ago or so. I got them in and installed them, the next night I realized that one of the AE rings was half burnt out so after exchanging some emails back and forth they agreed to take my lights back and install "their" AE rings for a reasonable price. When they would get my lights they would charge my C.C and send them back. the name is Austin Nopper

Sent them back April 27

Umnitza said they were shipped may 6

called on May 13th....they didnt ship yet, Steve told me they would go out

checked tracking on May 20th and they still have not shipped.

I would really like to know whats going on with my headlights. My car has my old broken lights in there now looks like crap and I cant drive at night.

1996 bmw 328is(SOLD)

My Cars
    M5, E61
    We have not charged your card. Steve wanted to do the work properly. Nothing more.
    Sorry, we've just got a lot of orders and didn't want to charge your card until we were sure we were finished.

Your card has not been charged, I repeat

My Cars
    2K M Roady, '86 944T
    No one cares about their cards being charged. They want their products.

Rob - 2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster | 1986 Porsche 944 5.3L LM4

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast