Thread: Low end power differences??

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's

Low end power differences??

I know this has been an endless discussion::!!! Ive been reading the posts on the differences between the two engines (95 and 98) and still am a little confused as to which car provides the best low end power. Both cars have a similar 0-60 time, but have read that the 95 cars dont really get moving until the upper rpms. What is the best car for low end quickness around the town driving, and what would have to be done to the car to make it the same?

My Cars
    The 3.2L has the bigger low-middle torque grunt. A lot of people exchange that for higher top horsepower with the M50 manifold.

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    anybody else have any experience with both cars

My Cars
    325iS
    3.2 M3+M50 for teh win.
    93' 325iS

2JZ-GTE Powered BMW is complete.

2JZ Powered E36 / 3" Garret Front Mount Intercooler / 3" Exhaust / HKS EVC Boost Controller / Twin Plate OS Giken Clutch / Carbon Fiber Hood / M3 Bumpers and Skirts / M3 LED Mirrors / Euro Taillights / Clear Corners / Euro Ellipsoids / 18" Hamann Replica Wheels / 4-way Adjustable Coilovers / Momo Shift Knob / Momo Milennium Steering Wheel / Alpine Head Unit / Alpine Type X Components in custom Kick Panels / Alpine Amplifiers / Alpine Type R Subs

My Cars
    3.2L OBD1 Dakar madness M3, '91 white 325ic
    Have best of both worlds, had the 95 3.0L, now the 3.2L (but running OBDI) 3.2L has more low-end torgue, best for daily driving around town. Just like everyone else mentioned, get the M50 manifold and you'll be set.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by KozanBMW
    3.2 M3+M50 for teh win.
    Yep. It's certainly the most worthwhile mod I have for the money.