Thread: Father's day present: Mod for a 1992 735il?

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels

Father's day present: Mod for a 1992 735il?

Hey guys,

Dad's got a 1992 735il. 150k-ish miles, new engine 25k miles ago. Pics at http://www.angelfire.com/mn/carfuel/bmw.html if you have a minute.

Anyhow, I know it's fathers day...uh, yeah...today... ...but I want to get him something for his car. Any ideas for something under $75 that will give him a little extra power? Maybe just make life easier? He owns a wine brokerage, which means he's driving around all day keeping accounts happy. That means between 150-200 miles a day.

Thanks for all the help!

Ben
    http://www.start.at/carfuel

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740iL

Re: Father's day present: Mod for a 1992 735il?

Originally posted by Ben Carufel
    ...Any ideas for something under $75 that will give him a little extra power?...
    http://www.start.at/carfuel
    Your Dad has a nice car but I'm sorry Ben but what you seek doesn't exist at that budget. How about you get him something like a gift certificate for a future exterior detailing or oil change or maybe buy him a replacement K&N air filter and recharge kit.

Sorry couldn't help more... it's early.
    ACS Front Spoiler | Bavarian Autosport Strut Bar | Bilstein HD Struts | Dinan Cold Air Intake | Dinan Stage II Software
    Eisenmann High Performance Exhaust | H&R Stage II Sport Springs | Mobile Video & Bass Upgrades.

My Cars
    Lots
    If he does a lot of driving he may appreciate a set of higher wattage bulbs (installed by you, of course) to make night drives home after a long day less straining. You should be able to get 2 pairs of good Hyperwhites in the 80 and 100 watt range for $75 or less.

It's not such a big deal in the summer because it's light out so early and late. But in the other half of the year when people drive home from work in the dark, it helps a lot.

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels
    Jim,

Good idea! I hadn't thought of that. Any recommendations re: brand, where to get them, and what type? I know basically nothing about the 7er...

Thanks!

Ben

My Cars
    Lots
    Open the hood, pull them out from behind and have a peek. They are available at mostauto parts stores. The Sylvania's are nice, not too blue. Or a trip down to one of the ricer places in the Convoy Street area will do. But Pep Boys is as good (if somewhat higher $$) than any.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740iL

Talking

Good luck, I second Jim's recommendation on the Sylvania bulbs. Gotta be worth a couple extra HP too... :

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels

L

LoL! Allright...more horsepower than the GREddy stickers I put on the car last weekend ya think?

J/K.

On another note, do any of you 7er guys happen to have an extra lens for this car? The left-hand outboard lens (if your'e looking at the car from the front) is cracked...I think it was quoted as somewhere around $100 from the stealership. Any of you guys have one lying around? I could throw you shipping and a couple bucks extra, probably...

Thanks!

Ben

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740iL
    You might want to send an email to john@bekkers.com for the best pricing on these. I think they were $44 or so each for the '95 up models (E38) but not sure about your dad's '92 (E32).

Just for a point of reference in the future, you always refer to car parts as "driver's side" (left) or passenger's side (right) on US cars. This right or left description is always based on you sitting in the driver's seat.

Good luck,
    Mike D.