Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move over Evo....05 Honda Civic Value Package is the car!!!

My Cars
    2006 VBP RSX-S

Move over Evo....05 Honda Civic Value Package is the car!!!

Haha, look at me.....never making up my damn mind.

So, I was going to put $11K down on a 05 Evo RS, and borrow the other $18.2K. Now, I'm keeping the M3, and buying a 05 Civic coupe. I saved myself $7k, a lot on insurance, and now I have 2 cars. Picking up my brand new 2005 Honda Civic coupe value package tomorrow. Crank windows and no power locks baby! The M3 will get less than 5K miles a year now and go to lower insurance rates since it is not the daily driver anymore.

I am getting it for $200 UNDER invoice. Can you say brand new car for $12,700? I am happy that the car takes 87 octane and gets 40mpg.

I'll post pics of the Satin silver beauty tomorrow.

My Cars
    95 M3
    There ya go! Nice choice, glad you didnt get rid of the M

My Cars
    '06 RX-8, '06 MX-5, '04 GTI 1.8T
    Have you check how much your insurance goes down? When I asked about it for the M3, it was only a $35 difference/6 months for changing the M3 from daily driver to weekend car.
    Thomas / 97 M3 Sedan SOLD!

My Cars
    2006 VBP RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by 97Msedan
    Have you check how much your insurance goes down? When I asked about it for the M3, it was only a $35 difference/6 months for changing the M3 from daily driver to weekend car.

I turn 25 in 2 weeks. I used to pay $718 every 6 months on the M3. It will go down to $470 every 6 months when I turn 25, and down to $365 when I put it as my 2nd car and maintain driving it less than 7500 miles per year. I'll also save when the M3 is stored for the winter months and I only have to pay comp on it.

The M3 will cost $500 per year and the Civic will be $1,000 per year. The Civic is more than the M3 to insure because they are stolen so much. Sucks. The Evo alone was going to cost me over $1500 per year, and I'll have 2 cars now for that money and a much smaller car loan. Also Honda has 1.9% financing.

Glad you keep the M.

My Cars
    95 M3, 00 Civic EX
    Sounds like my situation only opposite. Last year I was looking at used 350's and S2000's in the low $20k's. But I didn't want either of those cars to be my daily driver. I bought my 95 M3 for $14.5 and kept my 00 civic ex to drive to work every day and in the rain. Kept my mileage low on the M3. You know people who drive cars like our BMW's or big SUV's will always dog your civic. But 14 months later, I'm selling my M3 and wouldn't dream of parting with my civic. You won't be disappointed with the honda after maintaining your BMW.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Smrt choice. I was contemplating doing the same, and garaging the M3. I really like Civics as a daily driver.

My Cars
    BMWs
    civic value package? wow, they are trying to compete with the koreans, aren't they.
    /thread

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Glad you kept the M, and nice choice of daily driver . My own predates your model about 12 years, but its still kicking strong, and original clutch. Very little thrill factor, but its very easy on the pocket book. And you'll notice the weekend drives will be much more enjoyable.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    Jesus Built my M3 (TYJ)
    Good choice in cars and financing. The EVO would lose in depreciation the cost of the civic in just a few short years.

Welcome to the "I-have-a-beater" crowd. Though you have a nice beater.

If you can get your mileage on the M3 to 3k/yr, that qualifies for "pleasure use" and insurance is even cheaper. 5k is another mileage hurdle you might consider.
    1995 M3/2/5 : non-lux alpine white III on black
    2013 GX460 4x4 : knights pearl on black
    1997 Ram 3/4T 12v cummins turbo diesel : titanium silver on gray

My Cars
    '95 Mugello Red M3, '98 VW Jetta
    Congrats, Nimble. That's the same reason I picked up a crappy VW Jetta.... But, don't count on 40mpg. That's Hybrid gas mileage territory. Still, you'll get low 30s, which is great.

My Cars
    BMWs
    on Honda's website it says the value pack comes with Auto Tranny standard...you should opt for manual with only 115HP to play with.
    /thread

My Cars
    IG: Clearsandadrop
    Quote Originally Posted by jeebus
    on Honda's website it says the value pack comes with Auto Tranny standard...you should opt for manual with only 115HP to play with.
    I don't know about Beaverton, Oregon but who wants to deal with manual when you sit in traffic half the time. In big cities like LA and I'm assuming Chicago you'll end up having a tired left leg and no where to actually use the manuals advantage. Also the auto ends up getting better gas mileage becuase in traffic you get lazy and tend to shift at higher RPMs....

My Cars
    Single speed Schwin
    I've been driving a 05 Civic LX rental for a few weeks (the M3 is in the shop). The Honda's brake is actually not bad, and the suspension is well sorted for daily driving. But the interior is very poorly designed, and man can you say lack of power. You step on the throttle and the engine goes vroooom, but the speedo doesn't move... Overall I think it'd make a good beater, but I'd avoid the auto tranny -- the lag is as if the car has a huge single turbo, only without the grunt...

My Cars
    Yamaha R6, Avus E36, MBZ C230
    My girls picking up a Scion Tc for a pretty good price, I've been thinking of getting a gas saving daily driver also, I'm thinking more along the lines of a 4cyl E30 though.

-phill F.- 10/95 Avus E36

My Cars
    2003 330i ZHP (6spd)
    good choice in car for a DD... my girlfriend has a '04 Civic VP sedan...really good car, looks nice... rides smooth... and unbelievable how reliable it is...she has 26K miles with nothing but oil services... only gripe i gues is the interior plastics and the thin sheet metal... but other than that, good car...
    Current:
    2003 330i/6 ZHP Silbergrau on Black
    Previous Cars:
    2010 MGM Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC TRD Off Road
    1999 ///M3 Titan Silber on Black
    1998 ///M3 Estoril Blau on Light Grey

My Cars
    sold 1995 BMW M3
    06 civic to debut in a few months... unless it doesnt matter to you.

My Cars
    99 M3
    lol @ you for buying a new civic.
    helloladies

My Cars
    M3/4 SC;X5 4.4;
    Why would you wanna garage a 10 yr old car?I understand if its a rare high end type car. I did this when I was young, and all I got is paying double insurance , maintaining 2 cars. You dont even get to enjoy the M3 that much, driving it 5000 miles a year. In the end you will end up spoending all the money and trading the M3 in for cheap, when its 15 yrs old and its spent most of mits time in the garage.
    97 M3/4
    ...420rwhp...Dinan SC
    Tuned by AA, M50 Manifold, RMS Aftercooler
    3.5 Porsche HFM, 42# injectors, Supersprint Exhaust
    AA Turbo Clutch, AA LTW Flywheel, TCK Suspension
    AA Strut bars (F&R), XBrace, BMP Rear Camber Correcting Arm
    BBS RK wheels on Pilot PS2, CF Hood

My Cars
    97 M3, 01 S4 Avant
    happy we talked you out of the Evo. we were just lookin out for ya.

wise choice w/ the civic & in keeping the M3. enjoy!

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by gerry_miranda
    Why would you wanna garage a 10 yr old car?I understand if its a rare high end type car. I did this when I was young, and all I got is paying double insurance , maintaining 2 cars. You dont even get to enjoy the M3 that much, driving it 5000 miles a year. In the end you will end up spoending all the money and trading the M3 in for cheap, when its 15 yrs old and its spent most of mits time in the garage.
    After a point the car no longer is meant for profit. Regardless of whether it competes with newer cars or not, the M3 is fun to drive. As is the e30, nothing wrong with keeping it clean, and running well. I plan on keeping mine for as long as I can as well.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    2006 VBP RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by gerry_miranda
    One word.....RELIABILITY! The Civic is dead reliable, and my M3 has left me stranded twice. The Civic also gets far better gas mileage and since you live in Chicago, you know the damage winters make on a M3. The Civic will be cheaper on gas, maintainence is not an issue, it's a Civic, and the ability to have one car in the shop while driving the other is a nice option.

Food for thought, the insurance on BOTH the M3 and Civic is still less than on just an Evo. The M3 won't even be insured for 6 months of the year.

My Cars
    2006 VBP RSX-S
    BTW, guys, the Civic VP sedan comes with auto only. My coupe will be a 5 spd manual. I couldn't imagine 115hp in an auto.

My Cars
    99 m3 (sold), 1999 Ford F150, 125cc Easykart
    hondas are cheap to mod.

My Cars
    2013 F30
    You won't be dissappointed with the Civic.

I'm thinking motor swap....turbo...intercooler....5 inch tip....LOL...J/K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast