Thread: Heading Cross country for my M Coupe!

My Cars
    E46 325xiT, SVT Focus

Heading Cross country for my M Coupe!

We're flying to Washington DC this weekend to pick up a '99 Estoril Blue M Coupe. We'll be driving it back here to Portland over the week. I'm really looking forward to getting another M Coupe. I've sorely missed it ever since I totalled my first one at PIR in Aug 2002. It should be a great ride. We're planning to drive through the heartland of the US, as we will be visiting relatives and friends in Ohio, Missouri and Idaho.

Here's the one we're picking up!

The most effective way to hide the truth is to make those that see it appear as fools.

My Cars
    1997 Alpine White M3
    Are you picking the M Coupe up that was for sale in Alexandria, VA? It was an Estoril too.

That picture makes Estoril look very sexy. Congratulations, the trip sounds like a very good way to get acquainted w/ your new Coupe

My Cars
    E46 325xiT, SVT Focus
    Yep, that's the one. Jon, the present owner, has been great. He has gone out of his way for me on this deal, paying for the pre-sales inspection and repairs (if needed) and replacing the missing tools from the toolkit. He's a car nut as well, so I feel pretty good about getting it from him.

The most effective way to hide the truth is to make those that see it appear as fools.

My Cars
    1997 Alpine White M3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyL
    Yep, that's the one. Jon, the present owner, has been great. He has gone out of his way for me on this deal, paying for the pre-sales inspection and repairs (if needed) and replacing the missing tools from the toolkit. He's a car nut as well, so I feel pretty good about getting it from him.
    Sounds good

Any immediate plans for the car?

My Cars
    E46 325xiT, SVT Focus
    Other than getting it home safely and pampering it, not much. Other than the next track event at PIR!!!

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    i noticed that coupe on roadfly too. glad to see it went to a forum member

My Cars
    '00 BMW MCoupe, '06 Mazda3 sT HB
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyL
    We're flying to Washington DC this weekend to pick up a '99 Estoril Blue M Coupe. We'll be driving it back here to Portland over the week. I'm really looking forward to getting another M Coupe. I've sorely missed it ever since I totalled my first one at PIR in Aug 2002. It should be a great ride. We're planning to drive through the heartland of the US, as we will be visiting relatives and friends in Ohio, Missouri and Idaho.

Here's the one we're picking up!
    I just noticed that the picture was taken like 5 blocks down the street from my office!
    You'll be picking it down the street from me. Have fun on the way back!
    Not alot of ppl have the luck to own 2 in a lifetime
    Last edited by tripleM; 05-06-2005 at 10:38 AM.
    '00S52 RETIRED

'07 Silver Gray E86 MCoupe

My Cars
    The Clown Shoe
    Get some track tape for the front. No need to put 3000 miles of chips on her.

Congrats. Wyoming rocks. The western side of South Dakota is nice too.

My Cars
    E46 325xiT, SVT Focus
    Quote Originally Posted by count_schemula
    Get some track tape for the front. No need to put 3000 miles of chips on her.
    I was thinking about that. I may have to find some in the DC area and stick it on before I head back. Anybody out there know where I can get some?

My Cars
    99 M Coupe

It looks great

Take a bottle of Z6 or Z8 plus a MF towel with you and you'll be able to keep it looking sharp for the entire journey. It looks like a million bucks in the pic and it'll look the same when you roll into your driveway also.
    -John C.

My Cars
    Z3, G37 Coupe, GLE
    Have a safe trip and congrats on the new car. If you are taking I-84 to Portland, feel free to stop in La Grande if you need a break.

-Jon

BF.c member 39,803

My Cars
    E36 M3, E39 M5, C4S, 8V.
    Wow what a beautiful car. Congrats on the purchase! I hope the trip is both enjoyable and memorable.

Riaz

My Cars
    99 M roadster, beater 01 A4 1.8T
    for some reason that estril looks very very Hot. it makes it seem candy like. Good luck driving home

ICS production!!!!!!
    OLD:505WHP/516WTQ Dynojet
    NOW:665WHP/638WTQ
    Eurowerkz
    PBMW mag 06/06

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i
    Congrats! That pic does make the color seem a bit more candy like...looks awesome. You can get some of that blue painter's tape at Home Depot or any other place like that. Have a safe trip home.
    -Joe

My Cars
    Z3 coupe 2.8l 99' & euro E36 M3 3.0L
    great car!

could somebody put a link to this track protectiopn thing, never heard of it before!

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by byl
    great car!

could somebody put a link to this track protectiopn thing, never heard of it before!
    http://www.hms-motorsport.com/store....thisPage=1#651
    Nadeem
    2000 5-series "A wolf in sheep's clothing"
    2001 Z3 "It's a lot like nothing else"

M cars, This is the typical BMW. M is the most typical BMW, and this is our core competence. This is BMW DNA. BMW DNA is M. M stands for innovative Formula 1 technology but with everyday practicality. - BMW M Manager / President Mr Ulrich Bruhnke

My Cars
    Z3 coupe 2.8l 99' & euro E36 M3 3.0L
    and you cover your cars with that while on the track?

here in irleand it's on the way to the track you want some protection, track is actually quite clean comprae to the road!

My Cars
    2001 m-roadster

trip

If your heading through WEST VIRGINIA, I border OHIO along I-77 at Parkersburg. We can put it on the rack and check out the underneath and I can show off my dual ear mod on the rear end. 304-481-3652

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    Quote Originally Posted by byl
    and you cover your cars with that while on the track?

here in irleand it's on the way to the track you want some protection, track is actually quite clean comprae to the road!
    disregaurd the missing front bumper,not even the tape couldsave that
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    06 Z4 3.0Si
    congrats on the purchase. I contacted Jon a few days after you made the arrangements to buy. Oh well, the early bird gets the worm. It is a pretty nice car and the price wasn't that bad either.

There's another one in Atlanta, GA but the owner is on vacation and I have to wait until Tuesday before I hear back from her. argh.
    Last edited by docsmile09; 05-06-2005 at 10:27 AM. Reason: typo

My Cars
    E46 325xiT, SVT Focus
    Quote Originally Posted by CDCJON551
    for some reason that estril looks very very Hot. it makes it seem candy like. Good luck driving home
    It's amazing what a little boost to the saturation level in PS will do! It was pretty washed out before, as any intense color tends to be in flat light. This may be a little too hot, but not much.

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    drop me a line if you roll though on I-80, I'll buy you lunch.
    this space reserved for pissing off liberals...

ronthebabboonslayer: "helmet guy's post is far from polluting"