Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Umnitza Experience

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by philude
    you can swap those yourself, it's relatively simple.
    he shouldn't have to.

anyway, you'll probably get some half ass excuse that they are moving and mistakes happen. I think umnitza is total BS and they just think an excuse will make all the problems go away. Time to get your act together umnitza, and act like professionals.

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    Quote Originally Posted by habbie
    so i think its safe to assume umnitza did not ship you an empty box.
    is it possible that someone stole the contents? I've had UPS employees steel parts from me in transit such as wheel hardware, spacers etc from Tirerack shipments. regardless, UPS paid for the missing parts.

-Ron

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    94 750iL, 01 323i, 97 M3
    Well, if they indeed shipped it out at 10 lbs, and it arrived at .2 lbs, I think it's safe to assume someone DID steal whatever was in there, not to rule out anything just yet. A crappy situation, sorry you have to go through it.
    My roundel is bigger than yours.
    ///M3 Cc #4
    My Arctic M3

My Cars
    M5, E61
    To the original poster:

It's being resolved, thanks for giving us a little more to figure it out. The situation will be resolved to your satisfaction.
    --------
    The wires are done this way to prevent damaged rings during shipment as the contents shift so do the wires and they pull back on the ring.

We do this so that it prevents damage during shipment. When the hood is closed, these should not be visible. If we keep the wires very snug, we've had too much experience seeing broken rings arrive.

My Cars
    m3, m5, 645ci, x5 4.8, 328is
    im anxious to see what happend. I need to know this type of stuff. If I am to every do a purchase through you Matt. My 328 needs some HID badly.

My Cars
    1999 M3, 2003 Chevy Avalanche
    Quote Originally Posted by umnitza
    To the original poster:

It's being resolved, thanks for giving us a little more to figure it out. The situation will be resolved to your satisfaction.
    --------
    The wires are done this way to prevent damaged rings during shipment as the contents shift so do the wires and they pull back on the ring.

We do this so that it prevents damage during shipment. When the hood is closed, these should not be visible. If we keep the wires very snug, we've had too much experience seeing broken rings arrive.
    This sounds like quality service...I dunno, Matt helped me out with my problems, too...my lights wouldn't work because someone forgot to plug in the bulbs when I got them, but he helped me figure it out real quick. g/l and please keep all of us posted on the results.

One other possibility here is that Umnitza just prints out the fedex labels at their office and has the boxes picked up by FedEx. As a result, they can real easily accidentally apply the stickers to the wrong box, and probably wouldn't even notice because there's 25 boxes and you don't know what's supposed to be in them when giving it to the driver. So they *could* have shipped an empty box without really being aware of it. Still unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility.

That's how we ship at work...nobody weighs the boxes...we just guess. Then the boxes go where they go.
    3/99 M3 with typical "upgrades": UUC Evo3 SSK+DSSR, UUC Red Tranny Mounts+TMEs, ZKW headlights, X-brace, CDV delete, Zionsville Aluminum radiator w/ Stewart water pump, Ground Control Track/School kit, Powerflex RTABs and LCABs, SSI underpanel, and a BMW Traffic Pro.

My Cars
    e36 ///m3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav3Cultre
    Dude, I know to you this situation is not funny.. but the way you introduced that empty box was histerical, lmao. .

EXACTLY -HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA; at least you kept your sense of humor about it.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Damn man an empty box?

I highly doubt Matt would do you dirty like that. Especially if the shipping label had a posted weight of 10 pounds.

Someone got their jack on

Hope it is resolved soon.

My Cars
    1992 E36 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by fdawg
    EXACTLY -HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA; at least you kept your sense of humor about it.
    I have to admit, I cracked up too. That was so ridiculous. But don't worry man, I'm sure Umnitza didn't do that on purpose. If they wanted to scam you, they would have just not sent the goods at all. I'm sure you'll be given a new set

My Cars
    00 Dakar M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuen
    I have to admit, I cracked up too. That was so ridiculous. But don't worry man, I'm sure Umnitza didn't do that on purpose. If they wanted to scam you, they would have just not sent the goods at all. I'm sure you'll be given a new set
    Holy sh*t, that was funny! I'm still smiling.

Let us know how this works out, b/c I'm going to upgrade my lights as my next mod. I've seen some bad stuff about Umnitza, and I was going to use them too.

My Cars
    '95 Mugello Red M3, '98 VW Jetta
    Sorry to hear about your problem, but WHY in the world would you open a box that was so obviously empty?? You could have easily screwed yourself out of a claim (at least with FedEx).

My Cars
    '99 Cosmos Black M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 95BMW//M3
    Sorry to hear about your problem, but WHY in the world would you open a box that was so obviously empty?? You could have easily screwed yourself out of a claim (at least with FedEx).
    Opening the box has nothing to do with the fact that I never received the product I ordered.

My Cars
    e36 ///m3
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Blk&Tan
    Opening the box has nothing to do with the fact that I never received the product I ordered.

i think he means in the eyes of FedEx. if the box was tagged at 10 pounds and it's open when they get there to investigate they're gonna think you just took the goods out of the box, whereas if it was still sealed it'd be easier to prove.

My Cars
    '99 Cosmos Black M3
    Considering the fact that I have used FedEx countless times for years and have never had a problem I would find it hard to believe that this is FedEx's problem. Although I am not saying it isn't possible.

I'll post the outcome when I find out.

My Cars
    2006 325i, 97 M3 for sale soon
    How are two headlight assemblies supposed to fit into a tiny little HID box. The picture looks like the shipping label is pasted right onto that HID box, so a mistake had to be made in whichever point it was shipped out of.

Original poser- your refractory lenses are in the wrong places!

My Cars
    ///M3
    LOL!!! Am I the only one that finds this funny? Just like you said you can retract your money. So this is Fuken halarious.

My Cars
    93 318is
    wow, i hope umnitza get this fixed up for you.
    ive bought from them 2 times and had good service. i bought a set of zkw's, and then some hid's, which were shipped inside of another box with packing material, not just with a label stuck on them like yours.

My Cars
    Lots.
    The shipping weight on the label has nothing to do with the actual weight of the package. Umnitza, when shipping out a package enters in the weight and then prints a label. He could ship a box that weighs 20 lbs. on a scale as only being 18lbs...etc. (Im not saying he is doing this) Someone could have made a label saying 10lbs and thrown it on an empty box....the fact that the box showed up empty doesnt automatically mean UPS/FedEx stole the contents.
    915whp '98 M3 Sedan /// 37k Mile '95 M3

My Cars
    04 M3 SMG 05 Tahoe
    jeez more negative stuff bout umnitza

My Cars
    Hooptie
    This is crazy, I keep hearing more and more things about these people that I placed an order with on the 29th. Their website still says it's 'processing' the order, meaning it hasn't shipped yet. I was told 2-5 days to be here at most, well now it's the 6th and they haven't gone out. I emailed them yesterday and they said it would ship before five...still says processing. I'll just be happy when I get my package.

H&R Springs Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts UUC Brake Cables Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors and PBR Metal Masher front pads)[/SIZE] Sold

MKV GTI 6MT, APR Stage one. Sold

36/7, M54B25, 5MT, Atlanta on Beige (Recently acquired: 9/7/09)

My Cars
    01' GSXR600(sold), 99' 540i auto, 04' CBR1000rr
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmbeefy42
    This is crazy, I keep hearing more and more things about these people that I placed an order with on the 29th. Their website still says it's 'processing' the order, meaning it hasn't shipped yet. I was told 2-5 days to be here at most, well now it's the 6th and they haven't gone out. I emailed them yesterday and they said it would ship before five...still says processing. I'll just be happy when I get my package.
    Get in line buddy, i placed my order on the 28th....of MARCH! and i am still waiting like a b*tch. i am actually in the process of trying to get a refund, and even that has been delayed (by Umnitza) 3 days already.

Umnitza...apparently you're not responding to my emails...please refund my $944! order #: 1762

i know...its ridiculous i let them hold that much money for that long!

My Cars
    M5, E61
    let us be clear, we did have some issues and even shipped you the wrong item, we acknowledge our mistakes and have changed how we do shipping.

Yes, it's been a trying time. You've been refunded.

We've all been in and out, our i'net connection was supposedly hooked up today, but we spent all day looking for a way to use it and it wasn't working.

So, we didn't get your email until later. Your refund request was only today and it did get immediately taken care of once we got the email.

Thank you for your patience, good day.

My Cars
    97 F150, 98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
    The shipping weight on the label has nothing to do with the actual weight of the package. Umnitza, when shipping out a package enters in the weight and then prints a label. He could ship a box that weighs 20 lbs. on a scale as only being 18lbs...etc. (Im not saying he is doing this) Someone could have made a label saying 10lbs and thrown it on an empty box....the fact that the box showed up empty doesnt automatically mean UPS/FedEx stole the contents.

i agree. i do a lot of shipping through ebay. i have my own fed ex account and i enter the dimensions and weight of the package. all these negative posts about the ompany are making me think twice about ever ordering from them. good luck man
    1997 Black F150 SCab
    2005 Black LS430 (wife's)
    2001 Blue GS430
    trust is earned, not given

My Cars
    red poopbox
    Quote Originally Posted by stopsign
    Original poser- your refractory lenses are in the wrong places!
    i'm very aware of that

Element Tuning - 2008/2009 NJMP Redline Time Attack/Formula X Champions [Street & Modified]
    RightFootDown

FS: E36 OEM fogs | UUC Chromoly RLCA's

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxgsxr
    i agree. i do a lot of shipping through ebay. i have my own fed ex account and i enter the dimensions and weight of the package. all these negative posts about the ompany are making me think twice about ever ordering from them. good luck man
    When a company sets lofty expectations - "Devilishly Good Service" - and lives up to them 90% of the time, that company is thought to be a failure by those 10% that didn't get EVERYTHING they had desired.

It's the case of overpromising and under delivering, meaning that if you accept the same level of service from us as anyone else, then you would be extremely satisfied that we exceed your expectations every time. But if you expect nothing but the best, and somehow, we come out as just "good", then your expectations aren't met and you become dissatisfed.

In our case, we could run away from the truth about our troubles. We could not respond and try to brush it under the table. We could change our motto. We could also do the right thing, which is what we are doing:
    1) We've admitted faults
    2) We're definitely human here, it's some large conglomerate like FedEx or SBC that hides behind 20 different departments.
    3) We have answered all your requests and are genuinely trying to make it right.

There are MANY good companies to buy from, what we bring to the table that the others don't is this:

1) Experience
    2) Personal attention, you're not just a number, your problems are OUR problems. As the owner of the business, I feel the pangs of pain that you feel when something isn't right.
    3) Customized products
    4) Increased communication
    5) Our own inventory - many of the companies you choose to buy from are just "eStorefronts" - they don't hold inventory, they don't manage shops, they don't do the work themselves. When you buy from us, you buy almost direct - while we don't make our own products, we do assemble them all in house.

When we first started it was unheard of that the assembly of this many headlights (we cannot really tell you how many we move to avoid letting the competition know) and products in general.

We've helped drive the price of such great upgrades as headlights, angel eyes, and HID down to unprecedented levels, all the while holding the prices steady on some key German-made products that required us to take major hits due to the fluctuating and weakening dollar.

All this is behind the scenes stuff that only when someone visits us do they get a feel for how much work is actually done and how many quietly satisfied customers we service.

During this trying time of a move, followed by rancor in the supply chain, followed by personnel changes, followed by major event preparation, we've steadily worked through your returns, your questions, your concerns and your orders.

Yes, we admit, we have delays sometimes when a particular complex order is requested - for example:

Customer A requests - ZKW + 4500K HID + 4500K DDE or Predator
    Customer B requests - Hella OEM E39 Lights + OEM Rings Removal + Predator Rings Replacement of OEM Rings.

We know that Customer B's order is going to take longer, so we set to working on it, so the ZKW order - which is custom built to order - takes a little longer, say 4 extra days because we have to make sure the rings set, the HID works, the ZKW isn't broken, etc.

That's how we work. We assemble all of it in house, and while we do factor that into the price a little, we certainly don't factor in the full amount of labor for it to keep the prices low as possible.

We appreciate your business and are doing everything we can. At this time, we have two full time employees and a handful of on and off contractors.

We're doing everything we can to improve the process and run a shop. We welcome those of you in the area to drop in - unannounced if you wish - any time to see our operation. Drop in often, to see how we grow and improve.

Thanks for reading.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast