Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Umnitza Experience

My Cars
    '99 Cosmos Black M3

Thumbs down My Umnitza Experience

Just FYI in case you were thinking of throwing some money at headlights:

Participated in a group buy for DJ Autos with DDE and HID. Was quoted a price of $554. I was contacted and told the price was more ($600) since I wanted DDE Enhanced even though they quoted me $554 on the phone! I agree to the new price. My card was charged on April 7. Two weeks later I am wondering the status of my order. I email Umnitza and get the following reply "We will look into it immediately"
    5 days later no reply. I email back wondering where my lights are. I get a response saying "Yes sir, as I would as well." Not a good sign.

So I decide to pick up the phone. They tell me that all order inquiries are being handled via email. Pathetic customer service.

A couple days later I get a tracking number via email. Where was this 3 weeks ago? And today May 4, 2005 I receive a box in the mail. Nice, I finally receive my lights, right? ...
    Not quite... here's what was in the box....

Yep, completely empty box. Well I don't know if that is the Umnitza company's idea of a joke, but maybe they will stop laughing when Visa comes knocking at their door to get my money back.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Unfortunate. I bought my ZKW/DDEs from them a year ago and had great help. There have been more and more negative threads about them, so maybe I won't be ordering my V2 splitters from them. Hope it gets resolved in your favor soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan (Sold)
    That's very odd I had a totally different experience with purchasing lights and an HID kit from Umnitza. I'm sure he'll fix this fast. But I'm real sorry about your situation. You would think they'd notice the box wasn't that heavy.

My Cars
    Yes
    Wow, that sucks! My experience with Umnitza was pleasurable.

My Cars
    94 750iL, 01 323i, 97 M3
    Dude, I know to you this situation is not funny.. but the way you introduced that empty box was histerical, lmao.

Anyway, I really would like to see what the company has to say in regards to an empty box.. it will certainly be interesting. I don't think I've ever heard of an empty box being shipped aside from the obvious scammers.
    My roundel is bigger than yours.
    ///M3 Cc #4
    My Arctic M3

My Cars
    95 ls400 (RIP), 98 m3 (RIP), 67 datsun 2k, 85 gts
    omg! i'm wonder what your face looked like when u opened the box.

sorry to hear that man. that sucks

My Cars
    95 ls400 (RIP), 98 m3 (RIP), 67 datsun 2k, 85 gts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav3Cultre
    Dude, I know to you this situation is not funny.. but the way you introduced that empty box was histerical, lmao.
    Ya i laughed too. sorry.... and wheres ur DJ head lights w/ dde?

My Cars
    --97 SC'd ///M3--04 ///M3 VERT--07 ESCALADE--
    fedex/ups puts boxes on the scale in various points while a package is in transit, should be easy to get that info. empty boxes are no laughing matter.

-zkw- -hella- -bosch- -depo- -prolumen- -kwd- -bbs- -predator chromium- -predator ice- -simota- -ecis-

//-install guides-//-total lighting group buy-//-zkw group buy-// -exhaust group buy-//-ellipsoids+hid group buy-//-led tails group buy-//

My Cars
    '73 Bavaria
    Yea, what is the posted shipping weight on the UPS sticker? Certainly they would not pay more(more weight=higher cost to them) for shipping a deliberate empty box. Who knows though.

/me shrugs
    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

My Cars
    94 750iL, 01 323i, 97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Claude
    Yea, what is the posted shipping weight on the UPS sticker? Certainly they would not pay more(more weight=higher cost to them) for shipping a deliberate empty box. Who knows though.

/me shrugs
    Yes, you would think the very fact that they didn't have to take much money out of their wallet to ship the box, they'd realize a mistake was apparent. Not bashing, just stating the obvious.
    My roundel is bigger than yours.
    ///M3 Cc #4
    My Arctic M3

My Cars
    '73 Bavaria
    Yea, most likely a mistake. No company in their right mind would intentionally pull such a stunt on someone who could post(as you did) on bf.com and run other customers off. Despite the bad timing I bet they will make sure that you are taken care of.

Then again, I don't know you and I have no way of knowing that your not the one pulling the stunt...

Who knows.
    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

My Cars
    post the tracking number
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Claude
    Yea, most likely a mistake. No company in their right mind would intentionally pull such a stunt on someone who could post(as you did) on bf.com and run other customers off. Despite the bad timing I bet they will make sure that you are taken care of.

Then again, I don't know you and I have no way of knowing that your not the one pulling the stunt...

Who knows.

-zkw- -hella- -bosch- -depo- -prolumen- -kwd- -bbs- -predator chromium- -predator ice- -simota- -ecis-

//-install guides-//-total lighting group buy-//-zkw group buy-// -exhaust group buy-//-ellipsoids+hid group buy-//-led tails group buy-//

My Cars
    95 M3
    Maybe the fedex guy stole them

My Cars
    98 318ti (RIP), 97 m3, 99 528i
    totally opposite of the experience i had with them however i think things have changed the last couple of months so...

My Cars
    14 JGC/13 E88 128i

Umnitza Experience

My experience has be good overall. I bought some Xtec's over Christmas and it took a few weeks to get them due to issues with Fed-Ex. Since the delay was due to Fed-Ex and not Matt he still sent out another set 2 weeks after the order. Well guess what, they both showed with-in a day of each other, go figure. I ordered another set a few weeks ago and had then in 3-4 days. Other stuff I ordered arrived on time and in good shape.
    Sorry you experience was different.

My Cars
    '99 Cosmos Black M3
    Tracking number is 9612808256063410031771

It says shipping weight is 10 pounds. Guess I'll give them a call and see if they have any answers.

My Cars
    so i think its safe to assume umnitza did not ship you an empty box.
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Blk&Tan
    Tracking number is 9612808256063410031771

It says shipping weight is 10 pounds. Guess I'll give them a call and see if they have any answers.

My Cars
    '99 Cosmos Black M3
    The box was sealed with Umnitza tape and did not look tampered with at all.

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Bwahahaha! That's outrageous.
    I've been dealing with UMNITZA for prolly 3 years. GREAT SERVICE!!!

They'll take care of you and make things right . . . and then some. I promise you. Just be patient. Good company with great service . . .

They do make mistakes, though - nothing but a bunch of humans working over there . . .
    Garrett

My Cars
    99 M3
    thats a weird one. Matt will probably fix everything though, shoot him an email. I've never had any issues, spent some good money there

My Cars
    '99 Cosmos Black M3
    I am done with the email tag. I email and get no answers. Bullshit replies.

My Cars
    1997 hooptie
    10lbs for some HIDs? that's crazy

i just got my HIDs today ala Habbie's GB. there was a mixup and within 45 minutes he called me and we straightened everything up. good experience for me. i hope you get this resolved ASAP

My Cars
    BART
    Oh wow, that really sucks. I'm not so much sure if the package would be 10 lbs. but the kit is pretty heavy.

My Cars
    red poopbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog 20/20
    They do make mistakes, though
    oh i agree..... i just came home from indiana today (college) and i was expecting to put in my new headlamps, but to my dismay:

definitely not as major as having NOTHING in your package, but still.....

i'm also curious, do you guys (umnitza) always leave the blue wire at the top showing? i guess i'm used to seeing dde plus's on zkw's so i guess i should've expected the quality to be not-so top notch.....

i'll give you guys a call tomorrow......

Element Tuning - 2008/2009 NJMP Redline Time Attack/Formula X Champions [Street & Modified]
    RightFootDown

FS: E36 OEM fogs | UUC Chromoly RLCA's

My Cars
    1997 hooptie
    you can swap those yourself, it's relatively simple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast