Thread: 2 window tinting questions

My Cars
    2001 X5 4.4; 2000 Mustang V6, track prepped

2 window tinting questions

So I've got two questions pertaining to window tinting as I think I've got the ONLY black/black X5 with clear windows anywhere in CA lol

(1) How much (and where, in proximity to Mill Valley, CA (94941, South Marin County) should I expect to spend to get my X5 windows tinted? I'm thinking a few shades lighter than limo on the rears and a mid-tint in the fronts (of course NOT including windshield. There's a place adjacent to Sonen BMW in San Rafael (forget its name) that has a price RANGE of like $150-$300+ depending on the type (and supposed reliability) of tint used. Any suggestions?

(2) I've got a little (6" long, 1.5" tall) sticker I want to place on my rear window right above the rear windshield wiper and centered. Can I place this first BEFORE the tint job so that it is BETWEEN the window and tinting so that it is still plainly visible from the outside, or will its slight thickness impede the tinting operation? Incidentally, it's a really cool BMW.WilliamsF1 logo.

Thanks!

--Marc

My Cars
    e92 AW 335i
    i highly doubt they will let you put the sticker inbetween the tint and window. The window will prob. bubble up then. I paid $190 for my 4door car and i got a lifetime warrenty if anything goes wrong, so i wouldnt pay more that $200. Good luck!

My Cars
    328i, 330i ZHP, X3
    I paid about $250 for a quality, guaranteed job.

The sticker under the tint is a bad idea - it would bubble in the heat, and what if you changed your mind about the sticker?
    '08 328i E92, '05 330i ZHP, '04 X3 3.0, '96 DASC 318is (gone), '96 M3 AA C38 (gone), '07 335i (gone)

My Cars
    ///Sedan Powered.
    Give the sticker 6 months in the sun and it'll be bleached.
    Smell that? ......German leather and palm sweat.

My Cars
    81 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremySuhre
    i highly doubt they will let you put the sticker inbetween the tint and window. The window will prob. bubble up then. I paid $190 for my 4door car and i got a lifetime warrenty if anything goes wrong, so i wouldnt pay more that $200. Good luck!
    tints go on the inside part of the window.. the sticker can go on the outside...
    -Josh

My Cars
    2001 X5 4.4; 2000 Mustang V6, track prepped
    Yeah I figured as much ... ok no sticker between tint and window ... and no more than $200 or so. Got it, thanks!