Thread: help: Fuel Pressure Regulator or Larger Injectors

My Cars
    Pimpmobile

Exclamation

hi all,

i am going crazy on rather changing from my stock (17.5?) injectors to larger size (21.5/24) or just leave it alone. i have Dinan fuel pressure regulator with custom chip already. my air/fuel ratio is lying perfectly around 13.

my question is, many people say that if you are running over 270BHP, you need to change the injectors to 21.5/24. but if i have the f.p.r. installed, would that be the problem??? will changing to larger injectors will give me significant gains compares to just f.p.r.??

one last stupid question, should i go reprogram my car after changing from f.p.r. to larger injectors??

many thanks.

oh, by the way, anyone knows where i can get larger injectors 21.5/24?

:p
    Appleton
    95 Silver M3c
    250 rwhp, 230 tq
    GIAC custom ECU, 3.2L OBD-1 M3 engine, Dinan Intake, Dinan throttle body, Dinan HFM, Dinan fuel pressure regulator, UD Pulleys set, Supersprint Header, Supersprint Exhaust with straight pipe, DSR Cams, UUC short shifter, Xdrilled rotors, AA front and rear struct tower bar, X-brace, KW var2 coilover, RD swaybars

want list: 3.5L Stroker motor or, AA S2++ Turbo Kit, or Supercharger with aftercooler... any suggestions??

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I would recommend the larger injectors. With the 17lb injectors you may have them maxed out. It's kinda like trying to sip a milk shake through a tiny tiny straw. You can only get so much milkshake through the straw... no matter how are you suck. Eventually your head will explode.

If you use a much larger straw, you get more milkshake without having to suck as hard... henceforth, you're head doesn't explode.

When you change the injectors, you will have to have your chip reprogrammed.

You can get the larger injectors at Active Autowerke.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?