Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AA vs Dinan Exhaust - Your Opinions

My Cars
    E46 325i, E60 545i 6sp

AA vs Dinan Exhaust - Your Opinions

I want your opinions
    I also would appreciate videos of either. I've done some searching and have come up with a minimal amount of information, so now I turn to all you.

TIA

My Cars
    '98 M3
    dinan doesn't sound that great and aa isn't that loud. i'd go with stromung or eisenmann.

Current Ride: 1998 M3 Coupe - Cosmos Schwarz on Black über stock
    | Polished LTWs | Dinan Stg 2 Software | X Brace | OEM Clears | Custom ZKWs | 55w 6000k HIDs | Euro Airbox - still not on! | Strömung Exhaust | Hardwired V1 | Euro M3 GT Cluster |

Previous Ride: 1994 325is - Schwarz on Black
    A few mods

My Cars
    1999 M3 Coupe
    after reading much on exhausts, i think AA would be the better choice. I believe the AA sounds better and is louder than the Dinan.

I would still choose my supersprint over any other exhaust though

My Cars
    1996 328i
    I think I would go with a superspint exhaust mostly because they are one of the few companies that makes full exhaust systems including headers for our cars, so their exhaust expertise is likely a bit higher than that of say AA. I wouldn't buy the Dinan mostly because I find their products to be overpriced. I don't know how the AA exhaust is comparatively, but I have heard that they reverse engineer (ie copy) their software from Dinan, so if the exhaust is similar it wouldn't surprise me.

-Tyler

My Cars
    red poopbox
    Quote Originally Posted by RedV
    dinan doesn't sound that great and aa isn't that loud. i'd go with stromung or eisenmann.
    dinan sounds great. probably one of the only exhausts for e36's that has no drone or raspyness whatsoever....

neither the dinan or aa is loud, but if you get on it, it does scream at WOT. you can't go wrong with any of the exhuats mentioned, but pricing is always an issue. used dinan exhausts are going for about $600 now ($1100 new), and they sound amazing.

Element Tuning - 2008/2009 NJMP Redline Time Attack/Formula X Champions [Street & Modified]
    RightFootDown

FS: E36 OEM fogs | UUC Chromoly RLCA's

My Cars
    Ferrari 360
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerDude18
    I think I would go with a superspint exhaust mostly because they are one of the few companies that makes full exhaust systems including headers for our cars, so their exhaust expertise is likely a bit higher than that of say AA. I wouldn't buy the Dinan mostly because I find their products to be overpriced. I don't know how the AA exhaust is comparatively, but I have heard that they reverse engineer (ie copy) their software from Dinan, so if the exhaust is similar it wouldn't surprise me.

-Tyler
    agreed I want a full supersprint system once I can afford it.
    2000 Ferrari 360
    2004 Yamaha R1
    2007 Porsche 911 C2S Cabrio
    2017 VW Jetta (DD)

1995 M3 (SOLD HELP ME FIND IT TO REBUY)
    1998 740IL (Sold)
    2003 x5 4.6is (Sold)

My Cars
    A bunch
    Not sure how Dinan sounds on an E36. But on an E46 its wisper quiet. I removed the last resonator right before the exhaust on mine; and it sounds a little better. With the intake and throttle body I can barely hear the exhuast at WOT. Oh and one more important thing Dinan exhaust is like 900$ I believe AA is in the mid 6's.....

Hasan

My Cars
    09 GLI TSI 6spd turbo
    Dinan and AA are probably the BEST exhausts for an M3..... the others are too ricey and overly loud.

if money isnt a concern Dinan.. if money is a concern AA.. 1100 is kinda hard to justify for an exhaust.

AA is a little more louder at idle and WOT it screams "FERRARI"

Dinan has a very very nice rumble.
    09 GLI TSI 6spd
    95 M3 (3/94) WRECKED - total loss
    America's Forever President Donald J. Trump.

My Cars
    E46 325i, E60 545i 6sp
    I don't want something overly loud. However, I would like something that will scream at WOT. It is also important for me that the exhaust does not make a raspy tone... AT ALL. I only am using dinan as an option because I may have the opportunity to score one at an affordable price.

Oh and when I speak of Dinan, I'm speaking of their 2nd gen one (not the 1st gen, which is basically just a gutted out stock exhaust)

I heard listened to a few clips of the supersprint and it was super-raspy...

My Cars
    Ferrari 360
    Quote Originally Posted by CrotchMonster
    I don't want something overly loud. However, I would like something that will scream at WOT. It is also important for me that the exhaust does not make a raspy tone... AT ALL. I only am using dinan as an option because I may have the opportunity to score one at an affordable price.

Oh and when I speak of Dinan, I'm speaking of their 2nd gen one (not the 1st gen, which is basically just a gutted out stock exhaust)

I heard listened to a few clips of the supersprint and it was super-raspy...

My friend recently got an AA exhaust for his e46 M3 and it's perfect as far as sounds go I think. Nice and quiet but rumbly at idle and when he stomps on the gas man does it scream. There is also zero droning on the highway it really is a great setup. I've only heard AA once on an e36 M3 and it sounded great too. I say go AA, supersprint, or stromung.
    2000 Ferrari 360
    2004 Yamaha R1
    2007 Porsche 911 C2S Cabrio
    2017 VW Jetta (DD)

1995 M3 (SOLD HELP ME FIND IT TO REBUY)
    1998 740IL (Sold)
    2003 x5 4.6is (Sold)

My Cars
    1997 M3/4/5
    I'm very happy with my AA. After some spirited driving the other night with some friends, the guy who was behind me in a highly modified eclipse said my M sounded like "a race car".
    Did a side by side comparison with a friends M3 with stock exhaust. The AA was slightly quieter at idle, but when you rev it there is NO comparison. The AA rips when the rpms go up.

My Cars
    Triumph Daytona 675
    I would go AA with out a doubt. I have had mine on for about a year now and i dont think i could be any happier. Somepeople dont like the looks and say it's too quiet. Personally I like the looks and think it flows with the square edges of the e36. Also I think it's great because it's not loud all the time even when crusing on the highway at about 3k rpms. There is hardly any cabin noise when cruising. Apon startup and idle it's a nice mellow rumble a bit louder than stock. On a 1-10 scale stock would be about a 2 and the AA would be about a 4.5ish.

Again when cruising at 3k rpms the exhaust is mellow w/o any raspy sound especially when you rev the car in nuetral. It's almost like an on off exhaust. Once you put the peddle to the floor the exhaust just screams "sports car" If i were not at school i would go out right now and get a sound clip. So IMO i would go with AA...

PS: Im pretty sure there is a sale going on right now in the Group-Buy section were you can get an awsome deal on this exhaust!!

For refrence here is a pic of how the exhaust sits on the car.. Very nice In my opinion flows verry well with the body.

My Cars
    04' 330ci, 95' M3
    Arn? I would go with the AA exhaust set up. But like rmani said if money wasn't an issue SS full exhaust would be nice.
    04' 330ci orient blue
    95' M3 avus blue
    03' R6

My Cars
    911 turbo tincan
    Both are garbage exhaust's....

They are pussycat tuned for low noise and old ears. Pussycat tuned x 2.

Grow some balls and buy a savage System U or Tri-Flow, loud and mean as shit, plus they are light and tight.... I'll bleed your brakes at motel 6 on Friday while you are asleep if you buy the wrong exhaust.
    07' Arctic Silver 911 Turbo

71' Agave Green 2002

10' Gray Landcruiser 200 series

10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

My Cars
    95 M3, 05 F-150 STX
    AA, you'll be happy if you are looking for a nice sound that is not too loud.

My Cars
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw_e30

Grow some balls and buy a savage System U or Tri-Flow, loud and mean as shit, plus they are light and tight.... I'll bleed your brakes at motel 6 on Friday while you are asleep if you buy the wrong exhaust.
    I hope your jokeing with some of your remarks. I would not go so far as calling AA and Dinan "GARBAGE" exhausts and im sure he has plenty of balls as well. As he said in one of his posts he does not something overly loud and last time i checked the System U and the TRI-Flow are pretty darn loud. Sure that might be ok for someone as yourself and others who want the loud all the time exhaust. For driving around town i would not an exhaust that attracts all kinds of attention, i drive a yellow car that is plety attention already, so i can go w/o an overly loud exhaust. But besides the fact, there is no need for badmouthing. Im not putting the other exhaust down i have herd them in preson, they are just too loud for my taste for everyday driving.

My Cars
    red poopbox
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw_e30

STFU.... thats all i have to say

Element Tuning - 2008/2009 NJMP Redline Time Attack/Formula X Champions [Street & Modified]
    RightFootDown

FS: E36 OEM fogs | UUC Chromoly RLCA's

My Cars
    95 M3, 05 F-150 STX
    Quote Originally Posted by orijinal poser
    STFU.... thats all i have to say
    I think that they know each other . . .

My Cars
    it's no E30 :/
    I have a Dinan exhaust, and for those that are saying that the sound is not too loud or that the sound isn't that good, I'm gonna have to disagree, It's loud when you floor it, it has this deep sounding sound. One of the best exhaust sounds in my opinion.
    R.I.P. Louie: TehPandaShow gone but not forgotten

My Cars
    E46 325i, E60 545i 6sp
    :LOL
    yeah i know the guy

Ara, i don't need the burbank police department after me at all times... your crazy exhaust gimmicks

I need something very bassy, with no raspiness... I don't care if its loud (except for uuc tse status)... just cant be raspy

My Cars
    911 turbo tincan
    :LOL
    yeah i know the guy

Ara, i don't need the burbank police department after me at all times... your crazy exhaust gimmicks

I need something very bassy, with no raspiness... I don't care if its loud (except for uuc tse status)... just cant be raspy

If you didn't want the attention of the Burbank Poice.....

MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT A FUCKING PURPLE CAR!!!!

I let me exhaust and my huge cock do the talking while I drive.....
    07' Arctic Silver 911 Turbo

71' Agave Green 2002

10' Gray Landcruiser 200 series

10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

My Cars
    E46 325i, E60 545i 6sp
    i said burbank... not west la... not santa monica lol

ara, khorovats at bimmerfest, lets do it.

My Cars
    E36, E46
    AA is an ugly $150 exhaust from taiwan and is far from "FERRARI"

Dinan is good but the baffles tend to loosen with age and rattle.

Supersprint is not raspy.
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    i said burbank... not west la... not santa monica lol

ara, khorovats at bimmerfest, lets do it.
    khorovatsfest

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars
    E46 325i, E60 545i 6sp
    I Need To Hear All This Crap In Person... This Isn't Working

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast