RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Front Electric Fan not working?

My Cars
    1995 E36 325is

Front Electric Fan not working?

I just intalled an electric fan to replace the engine driven fan which works perfectly. However, while I was under the bonnet I had a look at the front electric fan. I was suspicious of its operation because I had never seen it come on for all the six months I have owned it. I spun the fan by hand and it was difficult to spin: sort of crusty. Do you guys think the fan is shot? How would that happen? What the heck does one of those cost? I'll call Fields and find out I guess. Anyone had this happen?
    Bayerische Motoren Werke - "Motor is our middle name."
    1995 E36 325is - M50 / M3 ZF 5spd. w/3.23 LSD
    1991 E30 318is - M42 / 5spd. Sold. 2/08

My Cars
    '93 325is, '04 G35 sedan
    yeah the auxilry fan is to cool the condensor of your ac system, it actualy helps cause a proper heat exchange to change the refrigerants state of pressure. if its stuck ,i t may be due to a build of of dirt, try to use a cleaner on it to remove what may be causeing it to stick. the fan may be shot though cause if yo ran your ac and the fan tried to run but couldnt, it may have burned up. try to loose it first then go for a replacement.

M3 cams *UUC stage II lwfw w////M5 clutch *JC cam & lwfw chip *ECIS intake *Bosal cat back *UUC udp's *M3 3.15lsd *M3 shifter *H&R & Bilstein sport *E46 M3 rsm *Z3 rein4c plates *Depo DDE's *Zender lp *M3 spoiler *M3 moldings * M3 mirrors *billetwerks *jbl/mtx sub system
    '04 G35 sedan 5AT all stock