Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: HELP with bmw cd changer-not working/stuck

My Cars
    e36

HELP with bmw cd changer-not working/stuck

I have a 1995 325i with factory 6 disc changer in the trunk. Lately it has refused to play cds and will say disc error, the radio and everthing else works fine. Now the cartrige is stuck. What should i do? Car does have 157,000 miles so the cd player has gottin some use

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Get a small flat head under the cd magazine and push upwards and it should disengage the thing that is holding it in and it'll pop out.

My Cars
    E90, E36, F10, E38, E23,
    sliding a simple card in underneath the magazine on the left hand side is a little safer than a screwdriver. blockbuster/library/student ID cards all work pretty good.

your unit may need cleaning, those earlier alpines become very tempermental.

Also, this post could use a tow over to the car audio and electronics section...
    -

My Cars
    e36

thanks

thanks

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by JPWheelr
    Also, this post could use a tow over to the car audio and electronics section...
    It could and it did

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    1999 E46 318i
    Heyhey!

I have a similar problem in my E46 Sedan.. I have an factory Alpind 6cd stacker in the boot, and all of a sudden about a month ago it stopped reading CDs.. i put in cds and it would recognize there is a cd in there, but whenever i press play all it would take like 2mins to try read a disc then tell me 'disc error' then it will keep trying the other 5 cds, then it will say 'no discs'

the magazine is ejecting fine though.. could it be the laser needs replacement?!

My Cars
    E90, E36, F10, E38, E23,
    Quote Originally Posted by eyct
    Heyhey!

I have a similar problem in my E46 Sedan.. I have an factory Alpind 6cd stacker in the boot, and all of a sudden about a month ago it stopped reading CDs.. i put in cds and it would recognize there is a cd in there, but whenever i press play all it would take like 2mins to try read a disc then tell me 'disc error' then it will keep trying the other 5 cds, then it will say 'no discs'

the magazine is ejecting fine though.. could it be the laser needs replacement?!
    cleaning maybe, not really used to the newer alpines erroring out like that.
    -

My Cars
    1999 E46 318i
    hmmm, i went to my local electronics store and bought a CD/DVD Lens cleaner.. it was just some CD with microfiber brushes stuck to it...

put it in tried playing it and it didnt work..

any other ideas?

My Cars
    E90, E36, F10, E38, E23,
    I have to ask this, just because I've had people come into the shop with a similar problem...

Are the discs in upside down?
    -

My Cars
    1999 E46 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by JPWheelr
    I have to ask this, just because I've had people come into the shop with a similar problem...

Are the discs in upside down?
    lol no, the disc are in the correct way... the stacker was working before, then it just stopped reading the discs..

i was playing cds one time, i pressed next track then it stopped working... wouldnt read the rest of the disc, then when i played another disc, it worked, but then after a while it wouldnt read any discs?!

My Cars
    '01 M5 '82 320i

95 M3 (12/94)

I am having similair issues...I was driving yesterday listening to my favorite 311 Cd and I hit a bump and all of a sudden the "disc error" message popped up on the head unit...when I arrived at my destination, I popped the cd magazine out and inspected the CD's...everything looked fine...I popped the magazine back in, started the car up and I got the same "disc error" read-out. I went back to the trunk and tried to eject the magazine, but it would not come out...I am not even sure if the CD changer has power at this point...I am going to try and pop the magazine out with my blockbuster card, but does anyone have any ideas? Also, has anyone installed an aftermarket changer on their 95 e36? I can't seem to find any adapters / converters that will work with the stock head unit????

TIA...BOB

My Cars
    '01 M5 '82 320i
    Blockbuster card did NOT work...maybe my changer is older and different?

My Cars
    '01 M5 '82 320i
    I took the changer apart and I was able to get the CD magazine out...I then put a cd in and was able to watch what the changer was doing...it loads the cd and then can recognize it and then leaves it there (never returns to the magazine)...I have to manually pusht he cd back into the magazine...I think it's fuct...it's an ALPINE2 changer...any ideas for replacment?